MAGIC - Our Photo Review of the Inaugural Sailing of the Magic

The Magic Atrium truly had something going on all hours of the day. There was the lobby bar on the lower level, a dance floor surrounded by chairs, a stage set above the lobby bar which had various performers all cruise and of course the Carnival shops that surronded the Atrium. Off to the sides on the lower level were Guest Services (there always seemed to be a line up) and the Shore Excursion desk.

DSC01002.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

Looking up....

DSC00697.jpg

And looking down.

DSC00689.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

cruisinskier, all your pictures are great!! I'm constantly checking back to see if you have posted more. We are going to be on the magic for the med cruise on oct 16 then the ta back to Galveston.

Your pics. and review is making the anticipation even greater for me!! Please keep them coming!!!

DSC01323.jpg

This board was beside guest services and says it is interactive....however when you touched any of the options on the screen nothing worked. I am sure they will have it working shortly....

DSC01332.jpg

Our speed always showed as 0.02 KM/hr. Another minor thing to get working

DSC02247.jpg

I didn't notive the map for the first half of the cruise and it had us at Civitavecchia for the second half of the cruise

DSC02248.jpg

Awesome review! I'm not sure if I can wait the 3 weeks until we leave! Did you notice if there were tables of 4 in the dining room or were there booths? Thanks.

BobbyD, if you look at the right hand side lower level of this picture there are booths. I did not notice any specific tables for 4 but I am not sure about this. Have a great cruise!!

DSC01339.jpg

One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is that 2 of the people in our group have celiac disease and as a result required a gluten free diet. Carnival has a program where each night at dinner, the person in charge of special diets on board (Alina from Romania...and she was fantastic!!!!) would stop by our table with the next day’s menu. The 2 who required the amended diet would select from the same menu and then these items would be prepared especially for them in a gluten free manner. They were also able to make most desserts gluten free including crème brule and the warm chocolate melting cake. These meals are only available in the dining room so that was why we did lunch on the sea day in the dining room....we actually did all 3 meals in the dining room this day.
Just want to thank you (very much) for posting the above info. We are a family from Australia who are sailing on 24 July and we have three people in our party who need to eat gluten-free. I was worried how this would be handled, but your post has put my mind at ease. Fantastic review; many of us really appreciate the time and effort you are putting into it.:)

I think I have read all the posts but may have missed this.:o

Were you able to take wine aboard to your room from some of your stops? Were you able to take liquor aboard at any time?

I have really enjoyed your pictures and comments and am looking forward to our sailing even more now.:D

I was pleased and amazed how uncrowded your pictures looked. Was that just lucky for your photography or was it really not crowded?

Edited by Clairescurtains

Just want to thank you (very much) for posting the above info. We are a family from Australia who are sailing on 24 July and we have three people in our party who need to eat gluten-free. I was worried how this would be handled, but your post has put my mind at ease. Fantastic review; many of us really appreciate the time and effort you are putting into it.:)

I agree! I am on the June 03 sailing, and also gluten-free due to Celiacs. I just wonder how well this will work with any-time dining, as this is what we have :confused:

A bunch of pictures of an airplane and of an airport. Wonderful!

DON

If you do not like the review do not read it.

I think cruisinskier is doing a fantastic job with her review.

Thanks alot cruisinskier.

I second that. We are on the june 3 sailing and the review and pics are really helpful.

Milily, the only meal to worry about is the first night in the dining room. From that point on you pre-order gluten-free meals for the next day. I forgot to mention that this includes all meals in the dining room (breakfast, lunch & dinner) as well as the specialty restaurants. As long as you know where you will be eating the next day, they will arrange the gluten-free meals. I hope you enjoy your Magic cruise!! (PS, my son spent a season working as an instructor at Perisher ski resort in Australia and really enjoyed it)

I think I have read all the posts but may have missed this.:o

Were you able to take wine aboard to your room from some of your stops? Were you able to take liquor aboard at any time?

I have really enjoyed your pictures and comments and am looking forward to our sailing even more now.:D

I was pleased and amazed how uncrowded your pictures looked. Was that just lucky for your photography or was it really not crowded?

Hi Claire. In addition to the wine we brought on an embarkation, yes we brought wine on twice with no issues and also brought on 2 bottles of Limoncello at 2 different ports with no questions asked.

As far as crowding was concerned, it truly did not feel crowded at any point to us. Now we have cruised on a few other larger boats (Freedom of the Seas & Epic) and I would say the Magic felt much less crowded than the Epic did. That might change once the Magic is in the Caribbean and full of families using the waterpark, etc. The llines in the Lido buffet were very manageable and disembarking in the ports went smoothly. The worst lines we had were getting back on the boat in a couple of the ports as the x-ray machines slow things down.

My pictures are a combination of some I took early on embarkation day so there would not have been many people on board yet and also some candid ones throughout the cruise.

I agree! I am on the June 03 sailing, and also gluten-free due to Celiacs. I just wonder how well this will work with any-time dining, as this is what we have :confused:

Steph, this should be no different than how they handled the gluten-free orders for lunch. We ordered the night before and they had no idea what time we would show up for lunch in the main dining room but they always were able to find the gluten-free meals they ordered. Also, at dinner each night they brought gluten-free bread for them (and even toasted it for them as I hear it does not taste so great otherwise).

Nonna, you tell'em. ;) Appreciate your support. But to clarify "her" is a "his".

Jerry

I second that. We are on the june 3 sailing and the review and pics are really helpful.

And thanks for your support as well btorlv. With all this support I am almost feeling cocky enough to post another airplane photo but I will resist :D Enjoy your cruise!!

I agree!!! I really appreciate the time you're putting in to share your vacation and wonderful pictures with us.:)

Heather

Heather, glad you are enjoying. Hope you have not been getting all the rain in Ottawa that we have had in the Toronto area. 11 straight days and counting. I want to head back to Europe :D