Question about excursion price changes

jeblaw

When we booked our cruise, we booked our excursions as soon as we could through Princess for Skagway.. Looking on the curise personlizer yesterday, I noticed that prices fo many had gone up. FOr example...When we the glacier/dogsled tour, the price was $449 each..and this still shows up as our price on the current reservations list on the cruise personalizer. Yesterday, the price for this tour is now listed as $599 per person. Will we still only pay the original booking price, or will we be charged the new higher prices when we do the tours?

I am sure you will be charged the price that is in place now, unless it is a mistake. This happens once in a while where the price goes up. Ideally, it shouldn't have happened but likely the system was not updated correctly in the first place.

Keith

Several months ago on the Princess board there was a discussion about excursion prices going up. The consensus when I quit reading the thread was that you would be charged the rate you booked at. I would personally take a screen shot of the reservation confirmation with your price in place, and take it with you (or even think about trying to call and prepay--not sure if you can do that or not, but worth a try). The only reason I would take the screen shot is that last year we had pre-reserved an excursion, and when we got on board, the reservation wasn't there. At that point, if there would have been an increase, we would have had no proof of our original price.

449 is a really good price, I can see why you booked it. Unlike crazy low prices we sometimes see for airfares or other things this one I believe Princess will honor if it already is showing in your personalizer as booked at that price, good for you!

I would say forget the actual price, pray for good weather and make alternative plans incase it cancels as these are often canceled but when they aren't are spectacular!

When we booked our cruise, we booked our excursions as soon as we could through Princess for Skagway.. Looking on the curise personlizer yesterday, I noticed that prices fo many had gone up. FOr example...When we the glacier/dogsled tour, the price was $449 each..and this still shows up as our price on the current reservations list on the cruise personalizer. Yesterday, the price for this tour is now listed as $599 per person. Will we still only pay the original booking price, or will we be charged the new higher prices when we do the tours?

Archived