Early am ship return but late night flight, what to do?

ukinusa

Our cruise ends at 7a.m. in the morning at Seattle. Return flight isn't until late night at 11.30p.m. Is there any chance of renting a hotel room for only a day but staying till 9pm or so? What does every one who is in this situation do?

Normally my wife and I spend the night and fly back the next day. As this is not the case with you I would offer the following; if you just want to stay until 9 or so and leave the hotel - I have never heard of any rule forbidding it. Just be prepared to buy the room for the night without a discount. The may be hotels in the area (I have not ever personally checked this one out) that would be willing to hold your luggage for a fee until you are ready to pick it up and be on your way. This would work provided that you only want a place to leave your bags and not a place to rest for a few hours before flying home.

Wishing you fair weather, smooth sailing and pleasant memories for a lifetime! :)

Our cruise ends at 7a.m. in the morning at Seattle. Return flight isn't until late night at 11.30p.m. Is there any chance of renting a hotel room for only a day but staying till 9pm or so? What does every one who is in this situation do?

If your cruise line has the service option with your airline you can always pre-check your bags and they will get them to the airport for you (fee assessed) so all you have is your carry on. There is so much you can do and see in downtown Seattle that you won't need a room unless you choose to. The problem with a hotel is that check-in may not be available until after 3PM.

I would also check the roll call for your cruise date and see if anyone has better information, such as concierge service at the port. The people on the roll calls tend to have been through this before.

Check the port boards for Seattle. If you can't find the answer through a search, you can post a question there, also.

There is also a post cruise excursion but it would end many hours before your flight and you would likely end up at the airport much sooner than you wish.

Good Luck

Do the luggage express & send your bags to the AP. Then tour Seattle. It's a lovely city for a day trip. I'd do an early Ride the Ducks or something similar for an overview; go to the space needle, tour Pike's Market, have dinner & take the light rail to the AP. Sounds like a great day! Enjoy.

Do the luggage express & send your bags to the AP. Then tour Seattle. It's a lovely city for a day trip. I'd do an early Ride the Ducks or something similar for an overview; go to the space needle, tour Pike's Market, have dinner & take the light rail to the AP. Sounds like a great day! Enjoy.

This is what I would also suggest. You could also do a tour of Underground Seattle which is at Pioneer Square. Just an FYI, the downtown buses in Seattle are free as long as you stay in the downtown area. Enjoy the Emerald City! You won't be disappointed.

Archived