I Don’t Believe It! Gotta Ask RuthC…

bcd2010

Oh, no. Steal? Me? I wouldn't steal chocolates (or anything else). Liberate? Sure, I might do that. But I didn't have to. :D

Since I pay a single supplement I asked the cabin steward if I could have two chocolates at night. He agreed that was fair. ...............]

I have noticed that when I cruise single, almost always get 2 chocolates. I think one looks rather lonely anyway, yummy to get two! :p

On our recent Rotterdam cruise we scored extra chocolates many nights when our room stewards turned down our beds. Not only did we get the two chocolates on our pillows, but they also used an extra two as the eyes on our towel animals! My husband, who has absolutely no (zero, nada, zilch) self control when it comes to sweets, was in heaven. We had enough to satisfy his cravings and enough left over to take some home for later consumption

Alas, it has all disappeared already, it took him less than two weeks to scarf it all down, but it was wonderful for him while it lasted.

I think it should be standard practise that all eyes on towel animals should be extra chocolates. Think how many happy cruisers there would be then! :D

I think you are correct. A little chocolate goes a long way in recipes like chocolate mousse where most of the volume is eggs, butter, sugar, and cream or egg whites. BTW, those aren't fillers, its the stuff that makes chocolate sweet, smooth, and rich.

"Fillers" was a poor choice of words on my part. Maybe "other gunk" would have worked better. :)

Ruth you know I agree with you completely. As a diehard chocoholic I find it more and more difficult to get a "good" chocolate fix on HAL.

The chocolates at the end of the meal in the PG are the best available onboard IMO. Of course, I am a dark and bitter chocolate gal and don't really care for milk. We finally starting telling the room stewards to not leave us any as we end up giving it away.

Okay -- just got my newest Mariner magazine -- this is what is said in the article above the pictures with the amounts listed under them -- "each day, a team of chefs, bakers, servers, and many other kitchen personnel are responsible for presenting holland america guests with a culinary experience that is second to none." -- so i got the impression that thr 75 pounds is per day on a typical cruise

I'll still bring on my own dark chocolate

-- so i got the impression that thr 75 pounds is per day on a typical cruise
If that logic was correct then it would mean that they would be using 670 pounds of lobster per day. :eek: The only one of the 9 items shown as being "per day" is the 2,500 dinner rolls.

Archived