so disappointed with RCI

booked cruise last year for GOS sailing MAY 29th our first cruise with rci. I understood if price dropped we would get matched price.

price dropped considerably for stateroom, however RCI wont offer anything, no refund, or on board credit, upgrade nothing.

they wont even speak to me, data protection they said yet its my booking.

others on forum on same cruise got upto £592 refund.

leaves a nasty taste.

we have sailed with other cruise lines, not exactly good start to our first with RCI.

also no details as to which terminal to fly from or baggage allowance. again rci said couldnt tell me and to contact airline, yet flight booked through rci.

i hope the cruise proves better than my precruise experience.

and this was to celebrate our ruby wedding!!

booked cruise last year for GOS sailing MAY 29th our first cruise with rci. I understood if price dropped we would get matched price.

price dropped considerably for stateroom, however RCI wont offer anything, no refund, or on board credit, upgrade nothing.

leaves a nasty taste.

we have sailed with other cruise lines, not exactly good start to our first with RCI.

also no details as to which terminal to fly from or baggage allowance. again rci said couldnt tell me and to contact airline, yet flight booked through rci.

While I understand all of your frustration, RC has made the very public announcement that there will be no price adjustements after final payment. It's part of the contract you agreed to by purchasing your cruise with Royal Caribbean. You may disagree with the policy, but there's little you can do now. If it dropped before final payment, you should've been able to get the adjustment.

Do you have the information on your flight? A visit to the airline's website will answer your other questions. That's not Royal policy or decisions and I assume they're instructed not to tell you b/c if they give improper instructions, I think you can imagine what would happen.

leaves a nasty taste.

It sounds like you booked through a TA, so that would be the reason they don´t talk to you, as the TA owns the booking, if you used one. Contact the TA about it.

RCI is not an airline and even when booking flights through them, they are just acting as a booking agent, that´s why you need to talk to the airline.

Are you booked through RCI? If not, if you are booked through a travel agent, like Paul said, you cannot make adjustments to your booking. Your TA must do it. After final payment, they will let you upgrade for the price difference, as long as the prices don't say "new reservations only."

The flight complaint is a little different. RCI has no way of knowing what terminal a flight will be using. You really can't expect them to know that. That info changes daily, sometimes even right before the plane pulls up.

While I understand all of your frustration, RC has made the very public announcement that there will be no price adjustements after final payment. It's part of the contract you agreed to by purchasing your cruise with Royal Caribbean. You may disagree with the policy, but there's little you can do now. If it dropped before final payment, you should've been able to get the adjustment.

Sorry but that does not apply to UK bookings...here you can get price drops even after final payment...and it is done by refund to credit card not as OBC.

thank you host that was my understanding hence my disappointment. my TA has not been good, they dont get back to me when i ask question and thats why i rang rci myself. i said to them today i was in a no win situation.

i will just have to swallow it, but not happy bunny!!

thank you host that was my understanding hence my disappointment. my TA has not been good, they dont get back to me when i ask question and thats why i rang rci myself. i said to them today i was in a no win situation.

Your complaint here is with your TA, not RCI. You shouldn't have to just "swallow it." If there is a price decrease and you are able to take advantage of it, that TA needs to take care of this!

Your complaint is not with RCI at all. The same would have happened with any other line as well. Ince booked with a TA the cruise line can´t do anything. You need to be frustrated with your TA.

Contact your TA again...ask for a supervisor...and request a conference call between..you, RCCL and TA...so you can find out why you cannot get the price drop.

If you can go now to the RCCL UK website...look up your sailing...and take a screen shot of the price...ensuring the price drop is available for your category of cabin...(just incase the prices change before you have a chance to talk to your TA again)

The problem may lay with your TA...not RCCL....not every TA in the UK will give price drops. So you may find it is not RCCL that is fault.

There have been others posting over on the UK Forum this week who have seen price drops for various sailings in Europe/Med...some got the refund..some didn't...all depends on the TA.:(

Contact your TA again...ask for a supervisor...and request a conference call between..you, RCCL and TA...so you can find out why you cannot get the price drop.

If you can go now to the RCCL UK website...look up your sailing...and take a screen shot of the price...ensuring the price drop is available for your category of cabin...(just incase the prices change before you have a chance to talk to your TA again)

The problem may lay with your TA...not RCCL....not every TA in the UK will give price drops. So you may find it is not RCCL that is fault.

There have been others posting over on the UK Forum this week who have seen price drops for various sailings in Europe/Med...some got the refund..some didn't...all depends on the TA.:(

Also depends on the price code it was booked under on RCI's systems... they sometimes offer a different price for a direct booking (i.e. the RCI website) rather than a T/A booking.. bear in mind the booking through a T/A includes their commision... so you may find that the price today through the T/A is no less than it was when it was when it was booked... also some price codes apply to 'new bookings only' so the price you are looking at may be part of a sale, so not applicable to your booking, also bear in mind there are plenty of legal disclaimers on the website, stating that the info on there is not guaranteed to be correct..

So with other words some TA put the refund in their pocket;)

That is quite a horrble thing to say, which is tantamount to accusing the TA of theft. If the poster paid by Credit Card then RCI has the money to refund to the guest, not the TA. The TA just passes the credit card info along and any refunds would go back to the guest directly.

The TA is probably unhappy about the price drop after final payment because a portion of the commission on that booking will be recalled. They will only be entitled to commission on the lower fare, not the fare that the passenger originally booked on. On many cancellations and price adjustments the cruise lines will not send the money back to the client until they get the commission back from the TA. A whole lot of work for the TA for very little $$$.

That is quite a horrble thing to say, which is tantamount to accusing the TA of theft. If the poster paid by Credit Card then RCI has the money to refund to the guest, not the TA. The TA just passes the credit card info along and any refunds would go back to the guest directly.

The TA is probably unhappy about the price drop after final payment because a portion of the commission on that booking will be recalled. They will only be entitled to commission on the lower fare, not the fare that the passenger originally booked on. On many cancellations and price adjustments the cruise lines will not send the money back to the client until they get the commission back from the TA. A whole lot of work for the TA for very little $$$.

Not necessarily the case, as the T/A might have a credit account with the RCI, so RCI would have no record of this person's CC details.. They would (if a price drop is available) credit the T/A, it's then up to the T/A to refund the passenger.

Can you put a hold on a cabin for free in UK? Something similar happened to me recently (in U.S.) Called for a price drop and TA was closed so I put a cabin on hold.

When TA opened on Monday, they didn't care about the screen shot. I was able to get a $750 obc to my existing reservation because I had a cabin on hold at the sale price.

You mentioned that you booked last year. If you booked prior to May 17th 2010 no matter where you live, you booked under the old policy and should be entitled to a refund or OBC in the amount of the difference

Having dealt with TA's not getting back to me in the past, I have also put cruises on hold at the lower price and escalated at the travel agency when I could get a hold of them and received the lower price.

Good luck!

Had a pricedrop of $1000 per cabin D1 on our upcoming cruise in October.

Called RCCL to get the pricedrop, and they charged me $46 per person to adjust the price:eek:

I had 3 cabins booked, so I saved almost $3000 anyway:)

This is before final payment, after final payment we are not able to get pricedrop if there are any:(

Sheri

You should be able to change TA's without a problem....contact a new TA and ask if they have a form you can sign to transfer the booking to them, the new TA sends it to RCI and then becomes the TA on record. In Canada this can be done.

Bob

sorry I also meant to say I take the point that possibly is not RCI but TA.

I was frustrated because they (RCI rep) wouldnt discuss it more with me,

but i take the point TA may lose % commission and hence not want to do price drop.

they could of course potentially lose more over possible future bookings from me.

Archived