Can you reject an upgrade?

zprincess

Dh and I are traveling with 2 sons, 17 and 13. We booked 2 rooms; a mini-suite for us and an inside cabin for boys. We are just a few rooms apart. My question is - if we put in for an upgrade for both rooms, is it done automatically, or do we have a chance to reject it? I'd like to stay on the same level as my kids, but have been told that one does not have any say once it's upgraded. I'm afraid that we'll end up too far apart. Has anyone encountered this?

The way things are supposed to work is that your TA will receive a fax from the cruiseline with an upgrade offer, have time to contact you, and then reply whether you will accept the upgrade.

They don't always work like that. People have been surprised with "upgrades" that they did not know about.

In your situation, the best thing to do is to have your TA mark both cabins "no upgrade."

With you in a mini suite, they could very well upgrade your kids inside room to an outside room three floors away from you and leave your room the same. Unless you wouldn't care about not being near your teens, then don't ask for an upgrade.

On our Victory cruise my kids were on the Riveria deck and I was on the Upper deck. If its important for your kids to be near you-- dont put in for an upgrade. The chance just isnt worth it.

Archived