Would like information:

fitty

Has anyone sailed on both the Oceana Marina and the Silversea Spirit?

We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and would like to do a

Carribean cruise. Can't make up my mind.:confused:

The important thing to decide is do you want luxury or premium?

The price will be a little different and the dress code and type of guest is not the same.

You must decide what you want to spend and what type of guest you might prefer to travel with.

I would think that there would be very few people that have sailed on both of the ships that you mention.

Have you posted this question on the Oceania board? It didn't jump out at me. Also, you might try the Regent board. (For that matter, you might want to check out Regent; we just received an e-mail that had significant reductions on some of their upcoming cruises, including at least two Caribbean cruises.) I know our TA has been on both ships, but we are not permitted to give out TA contacts. Also there are other cruise forums you might check, and I don't think that we can even name those on CC.

One major difference is the number of people that will be on the ship. As you probably know, the Marina holds about double the number of passengers as the Spirit.

:D

Has anyone sailed on both the Oceana Marina and the Silversea Spirit?

We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and would like to do a

Carribean cruise. Can't make up my mind.:confused:

it's like the difference between a Yugo and a Porsche !....your 50th !

" It doesn't cost much more to go First Class"..............Jackie Gleason

I have to disagree here. The difference between the Spirit and the Marina is not the same as a Yugo and a Porsche. Nowhere even close. I just sailed the Marina for 19 days and she is a fabulous ship with four specialty restaurants whose food outshines Silversea completely. Yes, it is not all inclusive (you pay for drinks and tips) but the service is just as good. The only caveat imo is that you have to book a penthouse on Oceania as the other cabins are too small. That brings the cost to pretty much equal to Silversea. So it's a question of itinerary and lifestyle aboard ship as Oceania is less formal with no jackets required. That all said, Silversea is a wonderful line and you would have a great time.

I have to disagree here. The difference between the Spirit and the Marina is not the same as a Yugo and a Porsche. Nowhere even close. I just sailed the Marina for 19 days and she is a fabulous ship with four specialty restaurants whose food outshines Silversea completely. Yes, it is not all inclusive (you pay for drinks and tips) but the service is just as good. The only caveat imo is that you have to book a penthouse on Oceania as the other cabins are too small. That brings the cost to pretty much equal to Silversea. So it's a question of itinerary and lifestyle aboard ship as Oceania is less formal with no jackets required. That all said, Silversea is a wonderful line and you would have a great time.

We have been on both We felt the food in the MDR is better on SS BUT food is a mater of taste so you really should go by that as If you read some people say Carnival food is great.:confused:

WE have the menus from our last cruise 3 weeks ago if you would like to see I can post them

Steve and Linda

We have been on both We felt the food in the MDR is better on SS BUT food is a mater of taste so you really should go by that as If you read some people say Carnival food is great.:confused:

WE have the menus from our last cruise 3 weeks ago if you would like to see I can post them

Steve and Linda

Care to tell us if you noticed a difference in the type of guests aboard these two ships and the service from the staff.

Yes we felt that SS had some people who where set in their ways and would stare and sometimes mumble that you should be wearing a Tux on formal night and a tie and jacket on semi formal and a jacket on informal. Not every one was like that

Seems a bit intense on the wine quality also. Since we do not drink wine could not comment on that. For us the Vodka was great.

The help was the best we have every had on a help could not do enough for you. Bartenders always had a drink ready for us and the room stewardess was great did not see much of her but the room was always perfect. The butler we had was always trying to do anything we needed BUT we are very laid back so the only thing we asked for was diet ginger-ale . He had my shoes shined. The best was breakfast in the cabin. Normally they just bring it in and leave He laid it out poured the coffee really nice touch.

On Oceania the crowd was a bit more relaxed we think.

The help was great always there always . We had no butler.

We have been on every cruise line and we feel this was the best we have ever done

Understand we are really into the exotic food. For us the food on Oceaniia was not there, Not saying the food was bad just we wanted the venison, squab , wild boar, sweetbreads, Foie gras and such

Next cruise trying Seabourn

Hope that helps

Thank you for all your replies. I think I have decided on Silversea.

Susan:)

Susan, I just wanted to say congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful milestone and it's nice that you'll be celebrating it on Silversea.

Enjoy!

Keith

Yes we felt that SS had some people who where set in their ways and would stare and sometimes mumble that you should be wearing a Tux on formal night and a tie and jacket on semi formal and a jacket on informal. Not every one was like that

Seems a bit intense on the wine quality also. Since we do not drink wine could not comment on that. For us the Vodka was great.

The help was the best we have every had on a help could not do enough for you. Bartenders always had a drink ready for us and the room stewardess was great did not see much of her but the room was always perfect. The butler we had was always trying to do anything we needed BUT we are very laid back so the only thing we asked for was diet ginger-ale . He had my shoes shined. The best was breakfast in the cabin. Normally they just bring it in and leave He laid it out poured the coffee really nice touch.

On Oceania the crowd was a bit more relaxed we think.

The help was great always there always . We had no butler.

We have been on every cruise line and we feel this was the best we have ever done

Understand we are really into the exotic food. For us the food on Oceaniia was not there, Not saying the food was bad just we wanted the venison, squab , wild boar, sweetbreads, Foie gras and such

Next cruise trying Seabourn

Hope that helps

Thanks,very helpful.

Archived