PrePaid Cruise???

gmkmetz

I have a strange question. We are planning a future cruise, hopefully to Bermuda, but arent really sure when and don't want to book anything solid. We were thinking about putting $1500 to 2000 down so we don't spend it before time to cruise. Is it possible to buy a voucher for say $2000 and decide later when and where to cruise, and if so what happens if the cruise don't cost the entire amount of the voucher...OBC???

If you are on a cruise before then, you can buy a FCC for $100 toward OBC.

there are no cruise vouchers .. well not like what you are talking about. they do exist, but not ones where you can pick any cruise like that.

You'll have to find a way to keep your hands off the money until you decide on the cruise.

There's something akin to that. You can purchase Fun Ship Dollar Certificates up to $500, and use them when you're ready. "Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit."

We are pretty sure we want to go to Bermuda in Oct 2012 but Carnival isn't booking that far out.....

there are no cruise vouchers .. well not like what you are talking about. they do exist, but not ones where you can pick any cruise like that.

You'll have to find a way to keep your hands off the money until you decide on the cruise.

Why not put the money in some sort of savings account and when ready book and pay for your cruise?

That way if you want to go on a different cruise line that Carnival you have not lost anything.

Yes you can purchse FunShip Dollars that can be used to pay for your cruise. You can get them right off Carnival's website. They are normally good for 2 years. Just another option to think about.

There is no expiration date on these.

and buying funship dollars for carnival not knowing where they are going-- suppose if they decide to go with another cruiseline. (I dont think buying certificates for this purpose is a good idea.

We are pretty sure we want to go to Bermuda in Oct 2012 but Carnival isn't booking that far out.....

Carnival says they think the rest of the dates will be released by May 19th, if not then, then soon. If it doesnt show up then, there may not be any Bermuda dates. They just added a few dates this past time to Bermuda, not a regular sailing I dont believe.

There's something akin to that. You can purchase Fun Ship Dollar Certificates up to $500, and use them when you're ready. "Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit."

this is where I get confused... are fun ship dollar certificates different than future cruise certificates? You would think that fun ship dollars would be for OBC and future cruise certs would be for ... i dunno... purchase of a future cruise???

I know that you can't use FCC for a deposit on a future cruise, but what's the deal with the funship dollars?

this is where I get confused... are fun ship dollar certificates different than future cruise certificates? You would think that fun ship dollars would be for OBC and future cruise certs would be for ... i dunno... purchase of a future cruise???

I know that you can't use FCC for a deposit on a future cruise, but what's the deal with the funship dollars?

Fun Ship Dollars are a way for people to purchase certificates to pay for the cruise and use for OBC, where FCC gets you a discount, I believe, and OBC. The Fun Ship dollars are a good way for people to save for their cruise for those who spend the money, and/or they make great gifts.

Doesn't Carnival have gift cards like RCCL does?

If you bought the funship dollars you would have to pay for the deposit in real money and then get credit/reimbursement by sending in the funship dollars.

You can now redeem them online.

Archived