Specialty Restaurants

CaribQween

We'll be cruising on the NCL Pearl this October. We really enjoyed the specailty restaurants on the Dawn a couple of years ago and are thinking we'll really enjoy them again on this cruise. However, the problem we're having is that there are far more specialty restaurants on the ship than the 7 nights we'll be on the cruise. Can anyone tell me which of the specialty restaruants you really enjoyed on the Pearl that you would consider a Dont Miss. Thanks.

For myself, Le Bistro is number one. After that in no particular order come Cagney's and the Asian restaurant. They're both consistantly good.

The Tex-Mex is enjoyable (actually now that I think of it, I had an excellent fajita there!). Teppanyaki isn't our cup of tea, although I could see that it would be fun in a group.

We've given up on the Italian restaurant, it's been more of a "miss" than a "hit" on multiple ships now so we give it a pass.

I agree with everyone else. Le Bistro and Cagneys. We tried the Tex-Mex and thought it poor so never went again on any other ships. Never done the Italian as it doesn't appeal to me at all as I don't eat pasta, breads or cheeses which seemed to leave my choice very limited. Some people do love the Italian though so your mileage may vary.

Never had a diappointing meal in Cagneys or Le Bistro and we go to both at least once on all our cruises. We have also had some good food in the Chinese style restaurant too.

Well I am going against everyone. I was on Pearl for 14 days in April and did every eating venue.

I would have to rate the Teppanyaki number one by a country mile. The whole dinner experience, that is food, service and theatre were the best. Get involved!

Sushi and Sashimi came in second with the food presented very well, and of a high quality, by two chefs that were more than happy to talk about their trade.

All other venues were hits and misses with our group of six, some liked the food others were non committal or disappointed. I would not dismiss the main dining rooms, while they are busy early, if you wait till later in the evening we found good quality and well presented food served by good staff. Don't forget they do breakfast and lunch as well.

Le Bistro and Cagney's are always my favorites.

Cagney's I paid the extra $10 for the lobster it was well worth it.

I think the "Jazz Brunch" at Le' Bistro is better than the dinner. The best meal by far. Happy cruising!

Carnival Imagination October 2009

Norwegian Jewel April 2010

Norwegian Jewel September 2011 (already booked)

We'll be cruising on the NCL Pearl this October. We really enjoyed the specailty restaurants on the Dawn a couple of years ago and are thinking we'll really enjoy them again on this cruise. However, the problem we're having is that there are far more specialty restaurants on the ship than the 7 nights we'll be on the cruise. Can anyone tell me which of the specialty restaruants you really enjoyed on the Pearl that you would consider a Dont Miss. Thanks.

I apologize for posting the same question on the board twice, but thanks to everyone for their replies. We absolutely loved Le Bistro and Cagneys on the Dawn. But, we also loved their TexMex (Salsa) and Italian (Impressions) restaurants too. We didn't have a chance to try Bamboo because we wanted to eat at Le Bistro a second time before the end of the cruise. We only ate at the MDR one time during the cruise. That's our problem now. I want to try them all. I'm sort of hoping to find some that people say are definitely not worth even trying. How sad is that?:rolleyes: We really have missed having all of the different specialty restaurants on the other cruiselines we have sailed since the Dawn (which was our first cruise). It's the main thing that has brought us back to NCL for this cruise and we can't wait.

Hands down, Le Bistro is the best. Then we like Cagneys. (To be fair, I do not eat seafood, so we don't do the Asian much).

We are also big fans of the Teppanyaki, not so much for the food, but for the social experience. Always enjoy the experience having dinner with people from other places (even other countries!), and the festive setting helps people open up and make it more fun! :cool:

Le Bistro is always our favorite, followed by the Italian one, but others are not crazy over the Italian restaurant.

Nita

Le Bistro is our favorite on every NCL ship we've sailed. Have had some of the best lamb we've ever tasted in Le Bistro on various ships.

NCL's tex/mex venues would be our second choice followed closely by Shogun on the Spirit.

Dianne

Another vote for LeBistro! We did hit a lunch special at Teppanyaki for $12.50 but it's the only time I ever saw that special. The food was delicious and the overall experience was fun. Would I do it again for $25? No, not worth that much to me, but then I am cheap.... :D

Archived