Time zone changes

hexdragon

I was looking at another thread dealing with Dinner seating times when the thought hit me to check the time zone difference between home (Upstate NY) and Alaska.

I first checked Skagway to see it is 4 hours. Something made me check Seattle and Vancouver (we fly into Seattle and take the train to Vancouver to catch the ship...) They are only 3 hours...

I did not realize that we were going to jump zones on the cruise.

I was looking at another thread dealing with Dinner seating times when the thought hit me to check the time zone difference between home (Upstate NY) and Alaska.

I first checked Skagway to see it is 4 hours. Something made me check Seattle and Vancouver (we fly into Seattle and take the train to Vancouver to catch the ship...) They are only 3 hours...

I did not realize that we were going to jump zones on the cruise.

One hour change from Seattle to Alaska is no big deal.

It is true that you will get to Seattle and will have experienced a three-hour time change. If anything, you will likely eat an extra meal or extra half-meal to get the day covered. The next day, you will get up, eat breakfast, eat lunch at lunchtime, and then dinner at dinnertime. That will pretty much cover the time change. Jet lag can be minimized by getting some exercise (walking) while on the plane and drinking extra water -- most of jet lag is really dehydration.

If you are boarding the ship the day you travel, you will likely have a buffet available when you board, and you will have dinner at the local dinnertime.

There is only a one-hour change for all of Alaska so that is pretty much a non-issue.

I wouldn't give it so much thought. People travel across time zones all the time. You, like everyone else, will adjust in no time at all.

I am jaded :) with no issue with any time changes. :)

Late seating can be a big benefit, however, depending how you wish to spend your time?? But for me, the open, or skipping options suits me fine.

Archived