Please walk me through this

Our Bermuda cruise is coming up fast and I could use a bit of help. I think I understand that there is a ferry to Hamilton? Do you get the ferry at Kings Wharf? And, is Horsehoe Bay beach within walking distance from the ferry in Hamilton or do we need to take separate transportation?

I ask because there are two different excursions offered by NCL. One for the beach and the other as one of the "stops" in Hamilton. We would like to do this ourselves if we can since we won't be locked into a specific time frame as with the excursions.

I am one of those dummies that need complete simple instructions so if any of you can walk me through this I would really appreciate it :)

There is a ferry to Hamilton, which I would reccomend over the bus. The busses seem to take curves very fast, which made me feel quite nauseous. I think that there is a bus from Kings Wharf to the beaches.

BTW, a beach & snorkel park is in the dock yard.

Our Bermuda cruise is coming up fast and I could use a bit of help. I think I understand that there is a ferry to Hamilton? Do you get the ferry at Kings Wharf? And, is Horsehoe Bay beach within walking distance from the ferry in Hamilton or do we need to take separate transportation?

I ask because there are two different excursions offered by NCL. One for the beach and the other as one of the "stops" in Hamilton. We would like to do this ourselves if we can since we won't be locked into a specific time frame as with the excursions.

I am one of those dummies that need complete simple instructions so if any of you can walk me through this I would really appreciate it :)

Also note that when you get off the ship to buy your transportation passes, go by the l-o-n-g line of people getting passes and information. There is a small trailer just past that where you can buy your passes or just beyond the ferry is a little store where you can buy them too.

You can't walk to Horseshoe Bay, either from Hamilton or from King's Wharf. It's on the south side, about half way between the two. But you won't have any trouble getting around Bermuda, the bus and ferry system is really efficient, and this gives you the options of plsnning your own time as you see fit. You can read the map and the schedule, but there will be people to advise you at the dock, and the bus drivers are friendly too.

You can't walk to Horseshoe Bay, either from Hamilton or from King's Wharf. It's on the south side, about half way between the two. But you won't have any trouble getting around Bermuda, the bus and ferry system is really efficient, and this gives you the options of plsnning your own time as you see fit. You can read the map and the schedule, but there will be people to advise you at the dock, and the bus drivers are friendly too.

Thank you so much. I am one of "those" who likes to do dry runs before I go anywhere so I get a little familiar with where I have to go. I have a feeling we will be okay with getting around.

Go to the Ports board and you can read all kinds of things about Bermuda. there is a tremendous amount of information there from people cruising all different line. That is how we figured out everything on our first trip. It is an ENTIRE BOARD dedicated to Bermuda--the outings, beaches, how to get around etc. etc. :)

I leave for Bermuda on June 5th and there have been some issues with transportation on the island. In a nutshell, the problem seems to be a lack of enough transportation options after the Ministry of Transport introduced plans for a dispatcher to “control tourist numbers” in a bid to save seats for locals. Locals have long complained that tourists were given priority as full buses were driving past them on the way to Hamilton. Now local transportation is limiting tourists on the transportation in order to have seats for locals. I haven't heard how this is going in the last few days but it's definitely changed some of our plans for our time in Bermuda.

Archived