Seabourn Spirit - Recent experience

I always get on just after noon and go to which ever dining option is open for lunch.it is normally open until 14.00

I didn't know this is an option... for both the triplets and bigger ships?

I always get on just after noon and go to which ever dining option is open for lunch.it is normally open until 14.00

On our last Seabourn cruise, Sojourn, there was no option regards dining at lunch time in any eating establishment, they were all closed and they directed you, like some of the posters have said, to the Salon where there were sandwiches and drinks.

They then announched when your suite was available.

On our last Seabourn cruise, Sojourn, there was no option regards dining at lunch time in any eating establishment, they were all closed and they directed you, like some of the posters have said, to the Salon where there were sandwiches and drinks.

They then announched when your suite was available.

Yes,that's what they want you to do.

The restaurant or Colonnande are open for service for those that have already been sailing on the ship from the previous voyage, officers and cruise director staff also.Seabourn ask you to board from 14.00 normally but if you get to the ship early then just make your way to whichever dining facility is open.

Ofcourse if you do not board until after 14.00 then sandwiches are the order of the day in the lounge.

Being naturally rather obedient souls we followed directions to the Salon; however, having got a bit fed up with it we tried to move out to go somewhere else, only to be physically stopped at the door!! By a member of staff who said you will all be taken to your suites shortly. This was true, but nevertheless a bit disconcerting. I appreciate the reason is that the stewardess is supposed to be told when you are arriving at your suite so that she can greet you shortly with your champage, soaps etc.

However, I think next time we will try to avoid going into the Salon at all, and make for the Colonnade or maybe Seabourn Square; much more user friendly.

I have only just finished my first ever Seabourn cruise (2 weeks on Odyssey, Istanbul to Venice) and must say felt that being herded into the Salon was a bit off-putting. My only previous experience is on Oceania where you are free to explore the ship and then proceed to your suite when an announcement is made. I agree with those who have said SB need to re-assess this boarding procedure.

I must say SB failed to live up to my expectations and reading all of the postings in this thread make me realize I am not alone. This is not to say we did not enjoy ourselves. Of course we did. However certain things occured which caused me to doubt Seabourn's claim of 6 star service. If this is a result of growing too quickly or new ownership it needs to be addressed.

I have only just finished my first ever Seabourn cruise (2 weeks on Odyssey, Istanbul to Venice) and must say felt that being herded into the Salon was a bit off-putting. My only previous experience is on Oceania where you are free to explore the ship and then proceed to your suite when an announcement is made. I agree with those who have said SB need to re-assess this boarding procedure.

I must say SB failed to live up to my expectations and reading all of the postings in this thread make me realize I am not alone. This is not to say we did not enjoy ourselves. Of course we did. However certain things occured which caused me to doubt Seabourn's claim of 6 star service. If this is a result of growing too quickly or new ownership it needs to be addressed.

It would be good if you put your misgivings on here so that people would know what is going wrong or not.

Well, probably the major ones that made me shake my head were:-

i) on each of the first 3 days of our cruise there was a piece of rotten fruit left in our fruit bowl. On the 3rd day I was tired of pushing it aside and so took the rotten pear to Guest Services and showed them. None was delivered to us after that but I fail to understand how it takes me to complain to not get rotten fruit.

ii) the saga of the breakfast order. My wife ordered a egg white western omelette and I ordered a cheese and onion omelette. Out came 2 western omelettes (not egg white). We told them our order again. Next came the egg white western as ordered and a ham and mushroom omelette for me.

Once again I said mine should be cheese and onion. On the third attempt they got it right. On a second occassion my cheese and onion omelette came out as a tomato and onion omelette but I couldn't be bothered to wait until they got it right so just ate it. I did mention to the Maitre de afterwards who checked and assured me the order went to the kitchen correctly but somehow they misread it. In both cases I was surprised from a cruise line that calls itself 6 stars.

There were other smaller incidents throughout the 14 days (eg leaving a breakfast room service order for a coffee and a tea on the front door but only having one of those delivered) but if you are asking for the reasons I believe SB's standards must have dropped of late, these are the major ones.

Please don't take this as me saying to stay away from SB. Far from it. I mention it in case you don't get the service you are either used to or expecting.

So was Prosecco the only sparkling option or was (French) Champagne still available upon request - this thread is on a triplet I've never experienced (Spirit), but I'm boarding the Legend in exactly two months so I'm trying to set my expectations appropriately. Regardless, I don't ever like to hear of someone "rushed" off the ship. Cruise lines need to remember that first and last impressions are most memorable and very important.

the French champagne Feuillatte was available but on the parties welcome and Seabourn Club prosecco was served - what i found unacceptable - a waitress said rather strongly : today it is prosecco ...

there were several people with late flights : the reply of the excursion manageress was : NO exceptions at all...

But that's the only option when dining on deck at the Sky Bar on the Legend, right?

I want to say that there was one other option listed on the menu, but I cannot remember. I'll report back when I do the TA again this November!:D

the French champagne Feuillatte was available but on the parties welcome and Seabourn Club prosecco was served - what i found unacceptable - a waitress said rather strongly : today it is prosecco ...

there were several people with late flights : the reply of the excursion manageress was : NO exceptions at all...

The house Champagne is available always.When Prosecco is served at a party you can ask for Champagne if the Prosecco is not to your liking.

This practice also happens at some functions ashore with pre pour drinks service.

Have what you want but do not be afraid to ask if what is offered does not suit.

Archived