Walk from Country Inn???

cvrap

No, we wouldn't take all the luggage!! What we did in Mobile last year was my husband dropped us off at the port and went back and parked. Then he walked back to the port the very short walk, 1/2 mile or a little more.

The roads are pretty busy and I don't think there are the lack of sidewalks - check out the I work in PC thread, Shirley recently had a post about picking someone who was walking because she was worried for their safety.

It's not a must. Just wondering.

The answer is NO! DO NOT WALK TO THE PORT!

As previously posted 1) it's a busy thoroughfare. Trucks and shuttles and cars. 2) soft shoulder if any shoulder. No sidewalks. 3) You have to cross two streets both are very busy traffic speeds exceed 45mph. The A1A in front of CI&S doesn't have a crosswalk there. You have to go further down, away from the port to get to a marked crosswalk. Evenif you use the overpass to cross the second street, you're cross on a no shoulder overpass where pedestrians are not expected to be. Taxi's are only about $5-$10 or so. Not much more than shuttle charge from CI&S. And will pick you up there, if you don't like the available times for the shuttle.

THANK YOU!! The taxi doesn't sound bad at all. We are just going to be checking in really late and figured we'd miss the good shuttle times. It would just be my husband and friend.

I posted where a runner came thisclose to being run over by an 18 wheeler, a biker was hit and with the good graces survived THEN I picked up a family when I was coming back from the ships who were walkers with their 2 children who were put into an extreme dangerous situation - I have asked repeately - do NOT THINK of walking over to the port -

Thanks

Archived