Tipping for suites

Having sailed on NCL in suites we normally tip extra for the butler, concierge and stateroom attendants. On RCCL in a suite do you normally tip extra for these services or just a la carte if we order room service? We are booked in a GS Dec 2012 and were lucky to get prepaid gratuities. I have not sailed ina suite on RCCL previously.

Suites have a higher suggested gratuity rate for the cabin attendant, so if you've prepaid, you've already taken care of that.

There are no butlers on RCCL.

To tip the concierge, you can either fill out a form onboard to have the tip put on your onboard account, or you can tip him/her directly in cash.

Room service should be tipped in cash at the time of delivery.

The "suggested" tips do NOT cover room service delivery...deliveries are done by the kitchen staff, so tip at time of delivery, depending on how much they have to carry...between $1-5 is standard.

Since your tips are prepaid, the suite attendant's tip has been taken care of. No need to tip additionally, unless you want to. Included in the pre-paid tip is also your waiter, ass't waiter and head waiter.

All drink purchases (whether a package or by the drink) will have 15% added to it, so need need to tip additionally there, either!

This might be a tad personal, but--how much is a decent tip for the Bar Concierge? (We haven't cruised Royal in several yrs). Do ya'll eat breakfast and/or lunch/dinner in the Concierge Lounge? How much is a decent tip for the other Concierges? Thank You for answering!! (I have an amt in mind-but don't want to be too cheap or too generous).

This might be a tad personal, but--how much is a decent tip for the Bar Concierge? (We haven't cruised Royal in several yrs). Do ya'll eat breakfast and/or lunch/dinner in the Concierge Lounge? How much is a decent tip for the other Concierges? Thank You for answering!! (I have an amt in mind-but don't want to be too cheap or too generous).

Honestly, cruzkitty, I am NOT being flip or short with you.

This is a frequently discussed topic and you can find lots of threads that will give you responses from hundreds of people.

Just look at the top of the page on the right. Click on "search this forum". Then click on "advanced". When you get to the box for search terms, put in "concierge" and below that, click on "search titles only".

You'll be busy for a week!

Good luck.

Looking at your cruising record, the only way that you would be allowed in the Concierge lounge is if you have booked a full suite. Not to be rude, as I try not to be, but the "bartender" in the concierge lounge works typically from 5PM to 8:30PM on most ships. It's called the cocktail hours, where members receive free drinks and appitizers. It's the bartenders that some of us that use the concierge lounge, like to take care of........in a personal way!!;) IE......tips!!:)

And, MM (Carol) is right on when she suggests that you check for other posts in regard to the Concierge lounge.

Rick

Rick

I see you sailed the Golden Princess last month to Hawaii.......we are booked for next April.........how did you like the cruise........I'll send you my email if you read this so I can get a review......:)

Jim

Rick

I see you sailed the Golden Princess last month to Hawaii.......we are booked for next April.........how did you like the cruise........I'll send you my email if you read this so I can get a review......:)

Jim

Jim........do you have mine? Start with rubrrickaz@yahoo.com, and then I'll give you my personal email.

There was good, OK and some things not so good, that I'm happy to share with you. We were last on the Golden in 2006 in a full suite, and vowed that that would be our last cruise on Princess.

Well......now that Royal Caribbean has left us here, we decided to try Princess again. The service was better this time.......and we sailed in a mini suite (never again)!

I'll look forward to your email!!

Rick

Jim........do you have mine? Start with rubrrickaz@yahoo.com, and then I'll give you my personal email.

There was good, OK and some things not so good, that I'm happy to share with you. We were last on the Golden in 2006 in a full suite, and vowed that that would be our last cruise on Princess.

Well......now that Royal Caribbean has left us here, we decided to try Princess again. The service was better this time.......and we sailed in a mini suite (never again)!

I'll look forward to your email!!

Rick

Ok Rick.........I'll send it........no hurry........we have also made a switch to Princess for the most part.......we'll go from there........give me a few minutes.

Thank You-I will do the "Search". And yes, we do have a full Suite. So I guess we will be permitted in the CL. Have a nice night.:D

Then you will enjoy all that is offered, not only in the CL but in other areas of the ship.

Hope you have a nice evening as well!:)

Rick

Archived