anyone else notice??

melanie1877

Hi all,

We just returned this past Sunday (5/15) from our 7 night east. carrib. cruise on the Pride. We had a great time and really enjoyed each of these ports. We sailed the Pride last year the week before (5/1), doing the Port Can., Nassau, Freeport itinerary, so we knew what to expect with respect to the ship and it's amenities. Did anyone else who sailed on this cruise last week think that the ship was really really rocky?? My sister was violently seasick the entire week, even with Bonine and two visits to the ship doctor for RX meds. Even I, who didn't get sick, could still really feel the motion all over the ship. Anyone else think it was a bit rough, or was it just in my head because of how sick my sis was?? Kind of made me leery of cruising in the future, even though I really enjoyed the trip.

I was also on the Pride cruise last week ending on 5/15, and did not notice any rocking at all until the night we left Freeport and headed back to Baltimore. From then on it was very noticeable to me. Sorry about your sister's seasickness, hope that doesn't keep you from cruising in the future.

I seem to always hear from cruisers that the waters on the eastern Atlantic are much rougher than Carribbean. I live in New England, but have never cruised anywhere other than Carribbean, so I wouldn't know from experience. Maybe others can confirm that (or not).

I seem to always hear from cruisers that the waters on the eastern Atlantic are much rougher than Carribbean. I live in New England, but have never cruised anywhere other than Carribbean, so I wouldn't know from experience. Maybe others can confirm that (or not).

We've cruised out of NY and NJ quite a few times and have hit very rough water quite a few times. Other times....no problem

It's been stormy all along the eastern seaboard....the pressure systems don't stop at the end of the land!

When the sea is rough or choppy, you'll feel it...that's for certain! A ship, no matter how large, is but a "cork" floating on the sea!

I usually cruise out of Galveston. My first cruise the waves were over 25 ft for more than 24 hours, enough they hit our window and it was almost enough that it was hard to stay in the bed without being rocked out.

Thats been the worst Iv been in since too. When it gets really rocky, Carnival puts the barf bags by the elevators. Iv had that 3 times now.

The waters along the eastern Atlantic coast can be hit or miss. That is one of the main reasons why lots of people like to book the southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan and prefer to fly down there rather than cruise down.

I went on 3 cruises in the eastern no problem, and this past January I went on western and was sick for a few days. I've grown up with boats and being on the ocean, so this was extremely weird for me.

We were on the Miracle out of NYC 5/6-5/14 and the last 24 or so hours back the ship was definitly rocking! When I took DS8 to Camp Carnival for the last big party they told me to check on him after an hour or so because many of the kid's were getting sick. He was fine, but our stomachs felt like we were on a rollercoaster. It was really nice to fall asleep to the rocking though :)

I was on the Pride the same week and we all thought it was very rocky. I was taking Bonine, my Mom had a patch from her doctor and my young girls didn't take anything. We all could feel it but didn't get sick.

Archived