Boarding time??

kiwiuk

Picked up our travel docs yesterday, and it states boarding time for PG from 3pm.

We have arranged for transfers from our hotel, but I was wondering if we could get an early transfer into Papeete - would be be able to leave our luggage at the PG and then head off to look round the town until the boarding time?

Don't know if I can be bothered heading into PPT in the couple of days before the cruise, might just prefer to chill out round the hotel !:)

I've never done it, but I've read that you can drop your luggage off at the ship a bit early. Problem with leaving it at your hotel is that most are not close to downtown, and who wants to schlep all the way back for it? Someone on this board who has dropped theirs off will pipe up, no doubt.

We are booked into a hotel, Le Meridien, which is some way out from PPT. We want to leave the hotel on the morning of the cruise, hand luggage over to PG and wander round PPT until boarding time.

Just wondering if they will accept luggage before boarding time?:confused:

We are booked into a hotel, Le Meridien, which is some way out from PPT. We want to leave the hotel on the morning of the cruise, hand luggage over to PG and wander round PPT until boarding time.

Just wondering if they will accept luggage before boarding time?:confused:

I would think your TA could help with this. Did they arrange transfers for you? I wonder if they could do the pick up of your luggage early or at least tell you if/where you can drop off the bags. Let us know what you learn.

Absolutely you can. And if it's Frida or Saturday night, the roulottes will be out in full swing, and if you're lucky some entertainment happening in the public square area by the dock. Of course, with the enticements of the ship...you might want to stay on board!

You're right Emdee. Afternoon tea is in La Palette from 3-5 pm on embarkation day.

After boarding is a good time to make reservations in the specialty restaurants or to check on PG shore excursions. There's plenty of time to check in and then wander over to Le Grande Marche. It's an easy 10-15 minute walk. Les Roulettes comes alive after dark. They are set up on the waterfront, literally footsteps from the ship. You can easily have dinner on the ship and go to Les Roulettes for dessert to get in on the action. Just be back in time for the Welcome Aboard Party at 9:30 pm!

We have traditionally gone to visit the Roulettes on the last night after dinner. There are a lot of people milling about for local flavour and whole pigs being roasted etc.

I have never tried the desserts on the dock though people have mentioned the crepes. My DD usually has a standing order for crepes at breakfast ( to correspond with mine for the almond croissants!) and they are usually brought to the table with caramel sauce. I had one one day with a little drizzle of the sweet stuff and it was delicious. Maybe I shall ask them to make me one with grand marnier ( not at breakfast) to remind me of the one we had at St Tropez.... drooling now....

Absolutely you can. And if it's Frida or Saturday night, the roulottes will be out in full swing, and if you're lucky some entertainment happening in the public square area by the dock. Of course, with the enticements of the ship...you might want to stay on board!

Arn't the roulottes out every night?

Archived