complimentary bar

jimgib

Having just got off Marina, where we were in a Vista It was wonderful that O set us up a complimentary bar including a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka, sapphire gin , johnny walker black, plus conag bacardi wine etc etc.

My question is in 3 weeks we get on Reggata we are in an owners i was wondering if they now give a free bar on the R ships in the larger suites.

Also staying in a vista or owners on marina you didnt have to wait to tender they just put you on the next tender, is that the same on the Rs.

Regards

JimGib

Having just got off Marina, where we were in a Vista It was wonderful that O set us up a complimentary bar including a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka, sapphire gin , johnny walker black, plus conag bacardi wine etc etc.

My question is in 3 weeks we get on Reggata we are in an owners i was wondering if they now give a free bar on the R ships in the larger suites.

Also staying in a vista or owners on marina you didnt have to wait to tender they just put you on the next tender, is that the same on the Rs.

Regards

JimGib

The bar setup is the same for all OVO suites (Owners, Vista, Oceania), as are the tender rules.

We are always in a PH and to get on the tender early or ahead of the line, we just need to show our gold card. It's one of the perks.

If you are in a PH, can others that you are traveling with (who are not booked in a suite) go on the early tender with you?

Also, since we are in a PH, we are allowed to board at 11am. What about our traveling companions who are booked in a B category? Will they let them board with us early to go to lunch together or do they have to wait until 3pm?

Thanks for the info---it is always so helpful,

Billie

Also, since we are in a PH, we are allowed to board at 11am. What about our traveling companions who are booked in a B category? Will they let them board with us early to go to lunch together or do they have to wait until 3pm?

Billie

I am going guess NO

They will have to wait until the lower cabin cat can board sometimes they let people on earlier if the ship is ready

Lyn

We were in PH, travelling with friends in a B, and they let us all board at 1100, even though we were all in a lineup.

Yes, it might happen that way, but you cannot count on it happening that way.

What JimandStan says. I've seen people have to wait until later, and others can board at will.

A lot of it is the luck of the draw -- how many are in the Terrace Cafe when you try to board. If it's deemed too crowded, non-suite people will have to wait.

But I've seen many people who COULD board earlier than their official boarding times. Just never assume ...

It would make sense to extend the privilege to OS and VS on the "R" ships.

I just haven't heard definitely that they have done so.

So I for one do NOT know.

I'm moving up from Concierge on Nautica on my last O cruise to an Oceania Suite on Marina on this next one...

So the concept of a "Complimentary Bar" set-up is completely new to me...

The O website only says:

Welcome Bottle of Champagne

Refrigerated Mini-Bar with Free and Unlimited Soft Drinks and Bottled Water Replenished Daily

Am I to understand there will be more than just a bottle of champagne and some soda and water?

Is the in-suite bar also replenished? I'm not big on Gin and Vodka, but that Johnnie Walker could go fast...

Can someone go into detail on what we are looking at here?

Anything else really different about the suites we should know about (yes, already aware of the number of restaurant reservations and the butler)??

Thanks...

Steve, on Marina, the top suites (and I'm not sure if the Oceania Suite is included in this) do get a full bar set-up. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with the selection -- which as I understand is "take it or leave it" -- simply because I'm a bourbon drinker and not a scotch drinker. But I can understand that they can't cater to everyone's personal favorites.

When we were in an OS and VS on the "R" ships (and this goes back to 2005 and 2006), we didn't get any more than the pay-as-you-go minibar EXCEPT for the one bottle of champagne. And even PH suites got that, but I'm sure the top level suites got a better bottle. (When we were in an A1 last summer on the Midnight Sun cruise we got a bottle of champagne but it was not as good a vintage as what we usually get in a PH. I'm not complaining, just mentioning a fact.)

So your description of the champagne plus free sodas, etc., is really nothing new. What IS new was the full bar set-up gratis in the top suites on Marina. I think the question has been: is this being extended to the "R" ship top suites?

And my answer was, I don't know.

As to your question about is there anything really different about the suites, well ... larger, more comfortable, the butler ... you're a regular reader so I think you've heard all that there is to hear!

Mura

I'm moving up from Concierge on Nautica on my last O cruise to an Oceania Suite on Marina on this next one...

So the concept of a "Complimentary Bar" set-up is completely new to me...

The O website only says:

Welcome Bottle of Champagne

Refrigerated Mini-Bar with Free and Unlimited Soft Drinks and Bottled Water Replenished Daily

I cannot find the announcement details but on another site it says it is a one time setup, there is a charge to replenish any bottles in the set up

no substitutions

Maybe you can find others to swap the ones you do not like with ;)

Lyn

I just found this on another thread that I somehow missed the first time around:

>>A one time complimentary bar set up is arranged at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina.

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

--Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

--Grey Goose Vodka

--Bombay Sapphire Gin

--Bacardi Superior Rum

--white wine bottle

--red wine bottle<<

6a0120a92e343a970b014e5f3ef692970c-pi

We were just on the Regatta in an OS suite. The complimentary bar set up started on May 12th for the first Alaska trip. We were also given the use of an I Pad on the last few days. Evidently I Pads will be included in the owner's suites.

The Panama canal was a great trip but too hot and humid. Sefrvoce was great!!

I just found this on another thread that I somehow missed the first time around:

>>A one time complimentary bar set up is arranged at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina.

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

--Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

--Grey Goose Vodka

--Bombay Sapphire Gin

--Bacardi Superior Rum

--white wine bottle

--red wine bottle<<

6a0120a92e343a970b014e5f3ef692970c-pi

Steve, it might say no substituions but have a word with your Butler he will fix it, we traded in our Johnny Walker and Bacardi for 2 more bottles of Grey Goose. Apparently it is normal for them to swap products and caused no problems in doing so. Unfortunately they dot replenish!

Regards

JimGib

Steve, it might say no substituions but have a word with your Butler he will fix it, we traded in our Johnny Walker and Bacardi for 2 more bottles of Grey Goose. Apparently it is normal for them to swap products and caused no problems in doing so. Unfortunately they dot replenish!

Regards

JimGib

We were on an 18 day cruise and had half a dozen cocktail parties (three of them with thirty Cruise Critics in attendance) and we never had to replenish anything but the vodka.

People just don't drink the way that they used to.

We were on an 18 day cruise and had half a dozen cocktail parties (three of them with thirty Cruise Critics in attendance) and we never had to replenish anything but the vodka.

We can still keep up with you guys:D

Guess its just us oldies that do, I know my kids cant stand the pace. I suppose nothing to be proud off but at least we enjoy it!

Archived