Anytime Dining waitlist

afreil

When I booked our Legend cruise through a TA I asked for Anytime Dining. When I got my confirmation back I noticed we are reserved for Early Dining. I contacted our TA and he said we would have to be waitlisted.

Our cruise is a week away and I haven't heard anything. What else can I do to make sure this gets changed?

Nothing. As of this moment you're confirmed for early dining and that, most likely, is what you'll see on your Sail & Sign card when it's issued to you during check in.

Your only real option at this point is to visit with the Maitre d' upon embarkation and request a change. Grab a copy of the Fun Times for Guest Services when you board for the time and location to request dining assignment changes.

Best of luck...

:)

When I booked our Legend cruise through a TA I asked for Anytime Dining. When I got my confirmation back I noticed we are reserved for Early Dining. I contacted our TA and he said we would have to be waitlisted.

Our cruise is a week away and I haven't heard anything. What else can I do to make sure this gets changed?

Because Anytime Dining is capacity controlled with first preference given to platinum level passengers it may not be available. Best advice is to do what Mach suggests and see the Maitre ' d at the appointed time. If the flexibility is not all that important, you might want to check and see where your table is. The view from an aft table sailing away at dinner time is kind of cool. Have a great cruise.

If you're waitlisted, that means that someone who has anytime now would have to cancel or change to a set time dining. That doesn't happen very often, so you may be stuck with Early.

We are Anytime Dining waitlisted right now for our next cruise. I thought I read from a few people on here that the waitlist normally clears a few days prior to sailing. Or people have gotten on board & found that it is printed Anytime Dining on their S&S card.

Is that not the case, is there a big chance you cannot get the Anytime Dining?

Carnival and Princess have opposite problems. Princess has two out of the four dining rooms reserved for anytime dining and has waitlists for early dining. Carnival has one out of four dining rooms reserved for anytime and waitlists for anytime. I guess that either way you go, youll have waitlists.

Carnival and Princess have opposite problems. Princess has two out of the four dining rooms reserved for anytime dining and has waitlists for early dining. Carnival has one out of four dining rooms reserved for anytime and waitlists for anytime. I guess that either way you go, youll have waitlists.

I think it is even worse on RCI. They seem to have very few My Time Dining spots.

I am going to have to do the whole Maitre'D thing when I board.

Last year we had a similar situation occur and our reservation was made directly with Carnival.

I had a printed confirmation for Anytime Dining. A few months later when we received our confirmation phone call after final payment, the (obviously) foreign agent was telling my wife we had early seating. My wife was saying repeatedly that we have Anytime. I check on the website that night and sure enough it had been changed. I was pretty upset about that because we had such a great experience with Anytime dining on NCL and were looking forward to it again.

When I was online and tried to change to Anytime it said it would be waitlisted. I called and spoke with a very courteous rep and since we were in a suite, we automatically get our dining request and it was adjusted immediately. However, I can't help but think that this is standard practice that Carnival folks are changing in the system what people have reserved if another customer comes along and they are able to simply change it to make room for theirs. Call me skeptical, but who really believes that the system can automatically change someones dining reservation without a person doing it?

Howard

Archived