Miracle Deck 5 balconies .. how obstructed?

Thinking of booking a balcony on Deck 5 of the Miracle but see that they are obstructed. I searched the boards and could only find one picture that showed the view. It didnt seem that bad. Does anyone have any pictures of the view so I can see just how obstructed they really are? If you dont have pictures to share, can you tell me if you were happy with what you WERE about to see? Thank you!

If you are looking at the 7A, then yes 7A are cheaper because they are obstructed.

Iv heard the first 3 or 4 cabins to the front have taller life boats in front of them so they are the most obstructed and that you should look at the deck plans and try to pick a cabin that kind of looks between two lifeboats.

You can see over the boats. We've had obstructed balconies on the Miracle and Legend and it's ok. These pictures are from Legend cabin 5170. It's the same class ship as the Miracle so the set up is the same.

970779290_Balcony5170.jpg.2d6036c1f0a8dfd3cef36a8715fffe77.jpg

Balcony.jpg.c99f13bd3a35b656feb07f19508ffef6.jpg

Thank you for the information and the pictures. They are proving to be very helpful.

The price difference from a 7A to an 8A is $ 200 per person. A significant amount, in my opinion. Right now, I think we are leaning towards going ahead with the 7A. Seeing the horizon is more important than seeing whats below us.

Thinking of booking a balcony on Deck 5 of the Miracle but see that they are obstructed. I searched the boards and could only find one picture that showed the view. It didnt seem that bad. Does anyone have any pictures of the view so I can see just how obstructed they really are?....!
Someone posted this youtube video that shows the obstructed balcony view from deck 5 on the Legend (sister ship to the Miracle)

You can also find some good photos here

Carnival Legend Obstructed View Balconies 5175 and 5177

We had cabin 5186 on the MIRACLE, great views. OK, we could not look straight down at the water, but not not a problem. The tops of the lifeboat were just below our balcony deck. Great view looking all around, wonderful sunrises and sunsets. Cabin perfectully located between two sets of elevators and stairs. Not a lot of foot traffic past cabin either.

If you haven't been on the MIRACLE before, you'll love it. The Spirit class is our favorite. Easy to navigate around the ship. The Glory has a mid-ship diningroom that makes it difficult to go for and aft. You have to go up or down to go around the diningroom and kitchen.

Don't forget to try Nick & Nora's for a special dinner. The atmosphere and food were fantastic.

We were just on the Miracle in March and had a great time. Love the ship. We are planning another Miracle trip for February of 2012 and were thinking about the 7A balcony to save a few bucks. So far, it sounds like we are going to go for the 7A and wont regret it!

We just got back from our May 6 cruise on the Miracle. We were in cabin 5178 (Class 7A) with obsructed view. After the 1st day, I never even noticed the life boats. The best things to see were always looking out, not looking down.:)

• 5 weeks later...
thank you! i am concerned about the view but i will find out just how bad when i get there. sailing 8/10 2011 i would love to see photos of stateroom 5186 on carnival miracle.

post number 8 will show you your view- will not be much different from that.

Cabin- will look exactly what you see on the carnival web site

I love these boards, I learn something new everyday! I always assumed the "obstruction" was alot more obstructed than it is. I was thinking that the lifeboats were right in front of the balcony, really blocking the view, but that's not half bad. Things that make ya go hmmmmm :cool:

I love these boards, I learn something new everyday! I always assumed the "obstruction" was alot more obstructed than it is. I was thinking that the lifeboats were right in front of the balcony, really blocking the view, but that's not half bad. Things that make ya go hmmmmm :cool:

that would be the obstructed 4K with the french doors that open- cant go outside but the doors open to the lifeboat.

Archived