Cape Canaveral Hotel choices

NJLVW

Please help with my dilema. I am cruising out of Port Canaveral in January 2012. I have decided to stay closer to the port rather then Disney. I have searched & researched and still can not come up with my solution. I think I have narrowed my hotel choices down to 3. Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn & Suites both in Cape Canaveral & Hampton Inn which is located in Cocoa Beach. We will not be renting a car so I will need to get a shuttle service to & from the airport. We will also need to eat so I need to know if there are any restaurants within walking distance. I usually cruise out of Miami so we know where to go and what to expect. Any help & opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Norma

We stayed at the Country Inns and Suites last year. Very close to port. You can see the ships. Restaurants close and they do have a shuttle available to and from the port. rooms were clean and they had a good breakfast. Very friendly folks. I have also heard that the Radisson was also a good place to stay. Have a great cruise!

Chris

I am flying into MCO. Need to find the best way to go about doing pre cruise. Am not at all familar with the Cape Canaveral area. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

if your group will all be arriving together or within an hour of each other; suggest u set up ground transportation. I am traveling with 10 family members in Dec on Freedom. Here is a link to shuttles.

http://travelynx.net/

http://www.happylimo.com/

http://www.limorentalspecials.com/port-limos.php?Title=Port+Canaveral+Limos&KW=Port+Canaveral+Limos&meta=

I would contact one of these companies and see what kind of deal you can get. They give a better deal if u do round trip. We will probably be using the first company on the list. They offer good rates and have a lot of positive feedback from cruisecritic members who have used them.

*** I don't believe any of the hotels on your list provide shuttle service to and from airport

Thanx AF-1. I have read good things about travel linx (sp). There are only 2 of us so I won't need a group van. I was kind of hoping whatever hotel I chose could schedule all the arrangements. Guess I will have to do my own transportation and just pick a hotel.

Country Inn and Suites is a good choice.

There are some good seafood restaurants close

by in the cove like Grills, Fishlips etc.

As for hotels with airport transfers, only the

snooze and cruise packages.

Two people from MCO to Country Inn is $79

in a private towncar through Executive vip limo.

Thank you cocoabeachnative. I will hopefully be making my arrangements this week. I did call Residence Inn today. I did not get a warm bubbly feeling from the person I spoke too. On to the next one. Country Inn then Hampton. I think we will be leaning toward the Country Inn. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanx to all the responses so far.

hey NORMA we were on the JEWEL with ya in Jan 2010...hope all is WELL with YOU!!

we stayed at the Radisson last time and used beachlinetransportation..both were OKAY we wanted to stay near the beach and were looking at the cruise pkg for Comfort mentioned in the post few up, but looks like a later flight so we probably will do the same as last stay last December.

if you go to the I WORK in PORT CANAVERAL thread there are alot of options for both hotels and transportation mentioned.

and feel free to ask SHIRLEY questions over there...she is the LOCAL AMBASSADOR along with PRESTON!!!\

ENJOY your cruise we will be on a little more than a month before you!!

I am flying into MCO. Need to find the best way to go about doing pre cruise. Am not at all familar with the Cape Canaveral area. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would use Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We are using them for our cruise in June. Mention Cruise Critic and you will get 10% off. Then use the hotel shuttle to get to the port on embarkment day.

Hi Jan. How are you? I am so looking forward to going back on the Sun. Looks like you guys enjoyed the Sun as you are heading back on her this year..Take care of her as we're cruising a month after you.

I will check out the I work in Port Canaveral thread and see what is suggested. Thanx for the info. I hadn't even considered the Radisson. Was it nice? We are flying down a day early and not renting a car so I just need to get from airport to hotel. Hopefully we will find restaurants in walking distance.

Norma

I would use Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We are using them for our cruise in June. Mention Cruise Critic and you will get 10% off. Then use the hotel shuttle to get to the port on embarkment day.

Thanx good to know. Do you happen to have a phone number for them?

Hi Jan. How are you? I am so looking forward to going back on the Sun. Looks like you guys enjoyed the Sun as you are heading back on her this year..Take care of her as we're cruising a month after you.

I will check out the I work in Port Canaveral thread and see what is suggested. Thanx for the info. I hadn't even considered the Radisson. Was it nice? We are flying down a day early and not renting a car so I just need to get from airport to hotel. Hopefully we will find restaurants in walking distance.

Norma

we have 2 this Dec and 2 next Dec...we must LIKE her.....lol...actually we were hopin for the Dawn and Pearl but with this itinerary and then the Sun will be going out of Miami and the price was hard to pass up to!

Radisson was nice for an older place...we were to far in the back tho...i would request something a little closer--their shuttle was chaotic and disorganized in the morn to the port--but have heard they have IMPROVED that and now running smoother!

i am looking at the Marriott Residence Inn too that alot of cruisers stay at, but Radisson is mentioned quite a bit and recommended too!

there is a place to eat almost right next store, but they also have a shuttle or did in December where they will take you over to the other places--we ate at Grills, wasnt to bad.

there is a convenience gas few doors over for last minute snacks and beverages which we liked!

we dont rent a car either.

do check out the recommends for different places, eats etc at the thread and ask Shirley any questions...she is so HELPFUL over there!

HAPPY SAILS!!!!

. I did call Residence Inn today. I did not get a warm bubbly feeling from the person I spoke too..

i just called them too and besides their prices being much higher they didnt offer a cruise pkg which i was looking for this time around; so i am thinking that Comfort Inn will be the choice only because they make all the arrangements....with Hampton i believe and they do travelynx transportation but you have to book that on your own!

come back and let us know where you decided!!

GOOD LUCK!!

I will be on the phone tomorrow getting info from the other places. I will also contact the shuttle services. I finally have a day off and it will consist of making my arrangements. I will let you alll know what I decide. Thanx again for all your help.

Jan, I started reading the thread. WOW lots of info many pages worth. I am looking forward to cruising out of Port Canaveral seeing as though we have never been there. Just wish our roll call were a bit more active. Hopefully as the time goes on.

Jan, I started reading the thread. WOW lots of info many pages worth. I am looking forward to cruising out of Port Canaveral seeing as though we have never been there. Just wish our roll call were a bit more active. Hopefully as the time goes on.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR INFORMATION ON COCOA BEACH AND CAPE CANAVERAL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=862

its all right here ...hotels, shuttles, etc

PC is kinda a COOL place...do the Kennedy Space Center tour after the cruise its really NEAT all but the simulator ride......lol...to much MOTION for me!!

its still early with the RCs i bet they pick up soon!!

Thanx to everyones help. I finally made a decision. I haved booked the Country Inn. After several phone calls to different places. The young lady I spoke to at the Country Inn was the nicest and didn't seem bothered by my questions. I now have to book shuttle service. I need to have my air flights first and Southwest isn't out that far as of yet. Gives me plenty of time to find the right shuttle service. Now to find out what is in the area within walking distance....

Archived