Los Angeles Departure Port.

maxmia

Could someone tell me which cruise terminal HAL uses in Los Angeles. We are on the Volendam departure date Sep. 7. We are flying in from Australia a few days beforehand. :confused: Thanks.

Could someone tell me which cruise terminal HAL uses in Los Angeles. We are on the Volendam departure date Sep. 7. We are flying in from Australia a few days beforehand. :confused: Thanks.

It will be specified in your cruise docs depending on the cruise you were taking. It's either San Pedro or Long Beach, but the good thing is they are relatively close to each other and you can see one ship from the other as well.

This is how close those two ports are to each other; about a 15-20 minute drive over the Vincent Thomas and James Desmond bridges

LAharborarea.jpg

Thanks Copper10-8 That's a great map. Went to Long Beach Queen Mary about 20 years ago. Remember the ship, but not much about the area, as that was before we had discovered cruising! Barb.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just looked at the Port Los Angeles website, but do not see the Volendam listed.

You may wish to ask your Travel Agent to check for you, or contact HAL by e-mail.

In 2008, we were on the Volendam, Vancouver to Auckland.

Prior to the cruise when we asked the NZ HAL agent which port would be visited, were told San Pedro, but when I was browsing San Pedro on the internet, discovered on the Port of Los Angeles website that the ship would berth at Long Beach.(Which it did)

I did e-mail HAL to double check, and received a reply confirming Long Beach.

We recently used the San Pedro port for a recent Crystal Cruise - Disney also was in there the same day. Very remote, new buildings, nothing around it at all that is accessible.

The Santa Barbara Airbus makes a run to it on their LAX routes a few times a day, by special arrangement if anyone needs to get to and from LAX (OP does not, I understand).

It is a great port for those of us in Southern California. Hope there are more HAL departures from LA.

Where you dock is kind of the reverse of Half Moon Key.

Half Moon is run by HAL

The Spruce Goose Dome in Long Beach is Carnival's.

Think that Carnival gets first pick for Long Beach then the rest of the Carnival family gets the leavings.

Archived