Radiance class question

I see Radiance Class ships are not as big as some of the other RCCL ships. Does this mean that the entertainment, activities, and snack offerings are not there? Any benefit to sailing the smaller ship???????

I see Radiance Class ships are not as big as some of the other RCCL ships. Does this mean that the entertainment, activities, and snack offerings are not there? Any benefit to sailing the smaller ship???????

I have been on the Radiance and everything is offered on the big ship is offered on the Radiance. There are however some differences. There are fewer people and there is no promenade. The ship has the centrium(bar/entertaiment area) that is all open to most of the floors. If you have a room off of the centrium it seems to be noisier at night due to the music. I loved this ship!!

We loved our one and only Radiance cruise. We thought the ship was lovely and the size was perfect for us. It was more like being on a ship rather than a floating resort with a mall. We've been on the larger ships and just don't care for them as much. I think it's great there are choices for all.

There will be less simply because there are fewer people onboard. But you will still find entertainment, snacks, food etc... The big difference may be if you are sailing with children, there are not as many activites for them on smaller ships...but that is another plus for us as our kids are grown and don't want to cruise with us :)

Radiance Class ships have the all glass elevators in the Centrum that look out to sea. Really a neat ride up or down. Also, when you get to the very top floor, look up to see a "surprise". Different on each ship.

The Radiance class also offer outdoor eating at the rear of the ship for the Windjammer. This is a really great place for breakfast, dinner, and a late night snack to sit and watch the wake of the ship!

Looking at your sailing history, Radiance is going to be similar in amenities to what you have sailed. No, it does not offer the Flowriders, zipline, Promenade, etc, but it is a very beautiful ship. She will offer several specialty dining options though that are delicious.

To me, the best part of the ship is the adult's only Solarium.

As pointed out by previous poster, the Radiance-class ships, at over 90,000 GRT are hardly small. They are, however, beautifully designed with the focus outward to the sea, not inward toward a mall-like Promenade. I have sailed on three of the four Radiance-class ships, and they remain my all time favorites. I have always found the food/service/entertainment/amenities equal to every other ship that we've been on.

We did an 8 day Eastern on the Radiance 3 years ago and it still ranks as the #1 cruise we've ever been on, hands down. The ship is beautiful and there is lots to see and do. I would go back on a Radiance class ship in a heartbeat.

Izumi? That's the first I'm hearing that. I thought it was Giovanni's, Rita's and Samba's.

Here are the new dining venues being added to Radiance.

• Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino on Deck 6
  • Samba Grill will replace SeaView Cafe on Deck 12
  • Park Café will replace Solarium Cafe on Deck 11 in the Solarium
  • Chef's Table will replace the Card Room on Deck 6
  • Boardwalk Dog House will be incorporated in the Coffee Station outside the main entrance to the WJ on Deck 11
  • Rita’s Cantinawill be located on the starboard side as you exit to the back of the WJ on Deck 11
  • Izumi will be located on the port side outside as you exit to the back of the WJ on Deck 11

If you have a room off of the centrium it seems to be noisier at night due to the music. I loved this ship!!

We regularly book rooms just off the Centrum (deck 9) and have not had a "noise" problem due to the location. It is convenient to the elevator lobby and the heavy stateroom doors filter out a large amount of sound from outside the stateroom

The big difference may be if you are sailing with children, there are not as many activites for them on smaller ships...but that is another plus for us as our kids are grown and don't want to cruise with us :)

There won't be flowriders or some other features that you will find on the larger ships, but there are still a number of kid-friendly activities available (rock wall, mini-golf, kids pool with water slide), arcade and an active Adventure Ocean kids program.

Radiance class is hardly "small"....they aren't behemouths, but they are amply large for the number of folks aboard! Plenty to do, for everyone!!!

Anyone who considers 90,000 GRT to be small never sailed on the 20 -25,000 GRT ships that made up most cruise fleets only a few decades ago.;) Only in comparison to the newest and largest ships do Radiance class ships qualify as "smaller". The deck plan is very simple to comprehend and it doesn't take long to become familiar with the locations of every feature on the ship. Among the special features that make the Radiance unique - the self-leveling pool tables and the retractable roofs (featured only on Vision and Radiance class ships) over the Solariums (adults only)

There are advantages to smaller ships:

1) Smaller crowds.

2) Shorter lines.

3) The Radiance class ships are faster than the bigger ships, meaning that they can either spend more time in port or go to ports that are farther away.

4) The Radiance class is the biggest ship that will fit through the Panama Canal.

5) The Radiance class ships have a covered solarium which allows people to use the pool on cold days (Alaska).

6) The Radiance class ships keep you in touch with sea more, because you can see the sea out the windows on the public decks and from one set of elevators. This is not true of the larger ships.

7) For many people the Radiance class of ships is their favorite class of of Royal Caribbean ships.

You mentioned that cabins located by centrum would be noisy because of the music. What deck - and cabin did you experience this in? We will be on the Jewel in December on deck four.

You mentioned that cabins located by centrum would be noisy because of the music. What deck - and cabin did you experience this in? We will be on the Jewel in December on deck four.

I didnt really notice more noise at all ...we were on the jewel right near the internet cafe off the centrum (deck 6 or 7) -sometimes some music but i enjoyed that- never late...

Who are you responding to? My post is just before yours and I said no such thing.

Who are you responding to? My post is just before yours and I said no such thing.

imae39 was responding to sue7045's post which claimed that music and noise in the Centrum was a problem at night for those whose staterooms were located near the Centrum.

imae39 was responding to sue7045's post which claimed that music and noise in the Centrum was a problem at night for those whose staterooms were located near the Centrum.

I wish people would use the quote button.

Archived