Sound proof rooms?

slny

I will be traveling with three kids next month for the first time on the Vandeem. Can anyone tell me how sound proof the rooms are? They are by no means out of control but they're kids. How quiet do I need to keep them? Thank you.

I would not call the cabins sound proof. Loud noises can be heard in adjoining cabins and in the hallway but reasonable 'sounds of living' aren't bothersome.

It is very thoughtful of you to keep in mind you will have neighbors.

Hope you and your family have a great cruise. Make some wonderful memories. :)

We are also traveling with my in-laws so we have 3 rooms all together. I believe the rooms are all inside cabins. i dont think the rooms are all next to each other for some odd reason. My FIL is making all the plans. My kids are relatively well-behaved. I want them to enjoy themselves but certainly not at the expense of others! Thanks for your help.

connecting cabins have an even bigger problem with noise.

I have been in a couple of connecting cabins and have not heard much form the other cabin - and I have noisy neighbors in non-connecting cabins!

We are also traveling with my in-laws so we have 3 rooms all together. I believe the rooms are all inside cabins. i dont think the rooms are all next to each other for some odd reason. My FIL is making all the plans. My kids are relatively well-behaved. I want them to enjoy themselves but certainly not at the expense of others! Thanks for your help.

What a thoughtful person you are :) I think you will be fine. Well behaved children make a lot less noise than other people i know. No, the rooms are not sound proof, but you don't hear everything.

If you want to test it - just go outside and see what you can hear.

I don't think you will have any issues at all. Not with your attitude.:D

Have a great cruise

What a thoughtful person you are.

Absoultely!

I don't think you will have any issues at all. Not with your attitude.

And she sounds very approachable - if, IF, the children forget to use their "inside" voices, I think she would respond positively and nicely if someone in the next cabin mentioned it.

I agree with the other posters who have mentioned your thoughtful attitude. And for that reason I don't imagine there will be a problem with your children.

Personally (and I can only speak for myself) many times it's a parents trying to control children who cause more disturbance than the child but I doubt that would be a problem either for you. Children get excited and forget to (as one poster said) use their "inside voices". They're kids and on an adventure. My advice is to relax and enjoy that adventure with them through their eyes..... I always found I saw things through my kids' eyes that my older eyes just were too blind to see.

Have a wonderful cruise, and bring back many precious Jewel Memories for all of you.

Smiles

Marg

Sometimes it's not the noise people make while they are inside their cabins, but their chatter in the hallways and banging doors that are the most annoying. It's certainly not just children, but adults as well, who don't seem to realize how their voices carry as they talk in the hallways from the elevator to their room.

Sometimes it's not the noise people make while they are inside their cabins, but their chatter in the hallways and banging doors that are the most annoying. It's certainly not just children, but adults as well, who don't seem to realize how their voices carry as they talk in the hallways from the elevator to their room.

So true.

OP, I commend you for even thinking about it in advance. Have a great cruise.

I will be traveling with three kids next month for the first time on the Vandeem. Can anyone tell me how sound proof the rooms are? They are by no means out of control but they're kids. How quiet do I need to keep them? Thank you.

On my first HAL cruise Oosterdam 5054 in May 2008 we had a large Indonesian or Philippino (I cannot tell the difference) family in the 3 staterooms aft of us. There were 4 kids between the ages of 4 and 14. The kids were kids, rambunctious and just kids. That being said, the only time we ever heard them was when either one of them, a parent or another person opened the verandah door when we happened to be on our verandah, and even then it was not a rude or loud noise, it was laughter (not overly loud).

There was one time that we did have one rather LARGE bit of noise that concerned me so much I went to their stateroom to make sure all was well. It was one of the grand parents who had tripped and fallen against a wall, the grandparent was ok:)

Do not worry about your kids. They will be fine:)

Joanie

I have seen where alot of people bring duct tape :).

I have never heard our neighbors.

stupid question probably - where do you use the duct tape (other than a connecting room?)?:confused:

stupid question probably - where do you use the duct tape (other than a connecting room?)?:confused:

I believe it was a tongue and cheek response refering to using the tape on noisy mouths ;) :D

Archived