Excursions, do they fill up early?

BluexMoon

Ok, on all of my previous cruises, I've been able to book the excursions I wanted while on the ship. However, I'm not sure that online booking was available at that time. Now that online booking is available, are the excursions selling long before the departure?

We've cruised four times and only had an excursion "already full" once. We have booked both online and on board. We like to wait until we know what the weather is going to be like before booking.

Iv been waiting to book on the ship. Lately Iv had some mysterious small OBC which I put toward excursions so it doesnt seem so bad. My stock OBC goes toward tips, so I wait until Im onboard.

there are a few that are limited, but since those arent what Im picking and know that most will have multiple busses, I wait.

When I booked back in November my PVP said you had to wait till 90 days out, called back and asked again and he said it changed to 120.

I personally dont want to take any chances if going on an excursion. Use your credit card and book early then work to pay it off before the cruise.

one less expense.

When I booked back in November my PVP said you had to wait till 90 days out, called back and asked again and he said it changed to 120.

I personally dont want to take any chances if going on an excursion. Use your credit card and book early then work to pay it off before the cruise.

one less expense.

If you do this and for some reason the ship misses that port do you lose the money? Or does Carnival refund it since you booked through them. I would love to prepay.

If you do this and for some reason the ship misses that port do you lose the money? Or does Carnival refund it since you booked through them. I would love to prepay.

You will not lose any money if the ship misses the port.

My group booked a horseback ride/swim excursion a month or so ago online through Carnival for our upcoming July cruise and it showed 1 ticket left after 11 of us purchased. A mother and daughter waited too long to book and were bummed they couldn't do it. That same mother/daughter also waited to book their cabana at Half Moon Cay and now they are sold out. We also booked a zip line excursion the same time and after purchase there was only 4 tickets left.

I have to say last March I booked an excursion onboard at the kiosk and was disappointed because the time I wanted was not available and I had to choose a inconvenient time and miss out on some other things I wanted to do.

I say all that to say this, if there is an excursion you really want to do book do it as soon as you can.

Archived