Upgrade points

If you are upgraded to a suite by RCL. Do you gets double points?

Not supposed to, but I have read here that people have gotten the extra credit in the past. Have not heard any reports of double points due to an upgrade from non-suite to suite since the January C&A changes.

It's in their system now and your final payment will determine your points. If you paid for a JS, you get the points. If you are given a complimentary upgrade from a lower category to a JS or above, you will only earn points from the category you paid for.

From the Member's Benefits page under Footnote 14............

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS).

Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category".

Does the length of the cruise get you double points now also? I heard from a TA that cruises over 8 or 9 nights give extra points.

Can anyone confirm this?

Not still listed on the website............................

Possibly gone since you get points for every night sailed, and get the "reward" by having lots of nights at sea.

Does the length of the cruise get you double points now also? I heard from a TA that cruises over 8 or 9 nights give extra points.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yep I can confirm that a cruise of 14 nights will get you an additional 6 points over a cruise of 8 nights. ;) If you are in a suite it will even give you an additional 12 points. :eek:

Archived