hotels in Rome

ivori

The other day I booked the Hotel Rafaello. The hotel is within walking distance to all the historical sights in Rome. It was $273.00 US.

What I learned was staying in the heart of Rome will run you a pretty penny.

That was the cheapest I saw and it gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. There were hotels up to $400.00 US. I couldn't believe it.

Maybe it depends on when you're traveling. We're leaving for our cruise in October.

It took me the whole day to find the perfect hotel for our group. Going back and forth comparing rates, reviews, looking at photos, etc. was mind boggling.:eek:

Good Luck

HI, Looking for a moderately priced hotel that is close to main areas, spanish steps, trevi, or Colosseum etc.Thanks in advance for any suggestions

The Beehive B&B; while it might not be as fancy, it's every bit as welcoming, 3 blocks from Termini station (where all the Metro/bus/trains come together); and is under €100/night

http://www.the-beehive.com/ Very highly rated, and it books up quickly

We always stay at the hotel Rex.

Used Booking.com, last year (october) we paid € 119 for two breakfast buffet included. When needing an extra room for friends they gave me the same rate for them as Boooking.com even when the rate had increased!

This is a small (48 rooms) clean 4* hotel in a very convenient location near Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, Quirinalepalace, Piazza della Repubblica, walking distance to Termini station, Collosseum, Forum, National Art Gallery, Villa Borghese etc. They offer a good breakfast buffet and have helpful friendly staff.

When going to Rome we will always return to this hotel because of the excellent location and experienced great service.

HI, Looking for a moderately priced hotel that is close to main areas, spanish steps, trevi, or Colosseum etc.Thanks in advance for any suggestions

We stayed at the Capo D'Africa. Its two blocks from the Colosseum with the BEST coffee I've ever had. I recall that it was a bit pricy, I think we paid $1000 CDN for three nights and that included breakfast, but it was right where we wanted to be.

No matter where you stay you're going to love Rome. Enjoy!!!

We stayed at Hotel Campo de Fiori. A fabulous little place with a great roof garden with a fantastic view. It is at Piazza Campo de Fiori, around the corner form Piazza Navona.

Piazza Campo de Fiori,is a local market by day and surrounded by restaurants at night with traveling musicians etc. Just a great location. 15 leisurely minutes form the Pantheon, 10 more to Trevi. The hotel is very "Italian". Rooms are decorated to express Italian taste and heritage.

http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/inglese/hotel.htm

Not sure why people are so surprised that hotels can be what they are in Rome.....???? Have you ever stayed in NYC? We paid almost $600. for 1 night at the Grand Hyatt last November ! It's all about location folks.

The best advice I can give you is....... venere.com

First of all, prices vary from high season to low season....... so depends on when you will be there. Our last trip we arrived early May (low season) and paid one price and on the post cruise stay we were then in high season.......so more $$$ for same hotel and same category room.

The star system (rating) is different there also. What is a 4 star there I would consider a 2 or 3 star here. The beds for the most part - hard and the rooms usually small as well as the bathrooms (or at least the showers!)

You need to decide just how basic you want to go. Hotel Golden is basic. Hotel Mozart was nice and Albergo del Senato was awesome. But - each one was more $$.........

Research on the website I gave above....... you will find something that works for you !

We stayed at the Hotel Cosmopolita and would again.

http://www.hotel-cosmopolita.com/eng/hc/home.htm

Looks like it is running about 205 Euro per night but includes Breakfast (for 2) and the buffet breakfast was generous and extensive. All the sweet stuff but also cereals, eggs, meat. That would have been 25 Euro per person without staying there and we never found more than a "coffee and croissant" shop outside the hotel.

We stayed 4 nights this past May at Hotel Paba. (See tripadvisor.com)Total cost for the two of us (including breakfast) was $820 US dollars. We asked for a quiet room and were given a suite...it was spotless, and air-conditioned. Hotel Paba's only 2 blocks from the Collosseum and the manager, Alberta, is a real treasure.

Archived