New To X, Questions About Constellation

yotefan37

Hi all!

I'm new to cruising Celebrity, and I have a few questions about "Connie":

• On the Celebrity site, the deck plans are actually dated "03 Jun 2011 to 21 Apr 2012" and "05 May 2012 to 11 Apr 2013". I thought this ship went into dry dock last year? What is the reason for the dated deck plans? We are looking at a cruise in late 2012, and oddly enough, there is no Vista Deck map for the 2012-2013 deck plan. Clearly, they are not planning on removing a deck, but would the deck plans change?? Makes no sense to me.
  • Also, from what I've read, the Constellation has been retrofit with the Solstice class features. Is that correct? Does that mean when I see Solstice class referred to on this site or other places, I can assume that it applies to the Constellation as well? I'm sure I'm very off base here - any clarification would be much appreciated!
  • Finally, what is the general condition of the ship's facilities and cabins? I'm a seasoned HAL traveler, how does it compare?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering my newbie questions! :)

I can't answer all your questions, but Constellation is not now an S-Class ship. She had some features of S-Class ships added, but there are still many differences between Constellation and an S-Class ship.

Not sure what you are talking about - Constellation is a M class ship. Sailed Constellation for 3rd time in March 2011 and the cabins were all there on Vista Deck. Myself/DH and two other couples all had cabins on Vista Deck (7).

I would suggest you talk to Celebrity.

The lack of deck 7 plans is probably a glitch on the website. The reason for the different dates is that they are reclassifying some of the cabins. For example the aft facing accessible cabins are currently category C1, but they appear to be changing to C3 from May 2012.

Phil

The lack of deck 7 plans is probably a glitch on the website. The reason for the different dates is that they are reclassifying some of the cabins. For example the aft facing accessible cabins are currently category C1, but they appear to be changing to C3 from May 2012.

Phil

Often happens when they change classification. I went on the site and was able to find the vista deck for 12 and 13. Connie is an M class ship.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationDecks.do?shipCode=CS&deckCode=VS&packageCode=CS04W009&deckProfileDate=1120505

Connie is an M-class ship with some of the features found on S-class ships. The class is more a function of size, not of the things found inside, as I understand it. So if you see something that is "only available on S-class" don't expect to see it on Connie or the three other M-class ships.

Phil

That explains it! Which brings me to another question - I was actually looking at the Vista deck because we have chosen to book 7203 (from what I've read, a great cabin). Now I'm wondering if we aren't foolish for not booking the "reclassified" C3 next to it rather than the C1, and saving the $$$. I do have a HC placard, but wouldn't normally feel the need to book an HCA cabin. I also wouldn't want to take the limited HCA choices away from someone who really needed one. Which choice makes more sense? Are the HCA cabins on Celebrity very limited in number?

Also, thanks to all for the great info regarding M and S class ships - I was clearly very confused! :o

That explains it! Which brings me to another question - I was actually looking at the Vista deck because we have chosen to book 7203 (from what I've read, a great cabin). Now I'm wondering if we aren't foolish for not booking the "reclassified" C3 next to it rather than the C1, and saving the $$$. I do have a HC placard, but wouldn't normally feel the need to book an HCA cabin. I also wouldn't want to take the limited HCA choices away from someone who really needed one. Which choice makes more sense? Are the HCA cabins on Celebrity very limited in number?

They are limited in number and I think you have answered your own question. If you truly don't need an HCA cabin then you shouldn't book it. This is probably one of the most controversial topics on these boards. Beats dress codes and smoking into a cocked hat. LOL

Phil

They are limited in number and I think you have answered your own question. If you truly don't need an HCA cabin then you shouldn't book it. This is probably one of the most controversial topics on these boards. Beats dress codes and smoking into a cocked hat. LOL

Phil

Thanks for the honest answer dispensed without the use of incendiary devices. ;)

Hi all!

I'm new to cruising Celebrity, and I have a few questions about "Connie":

• On the Celebrity site, the deck plans are actually dated "03 Jun 2011 to 21 Apr 2012" and "05 May 2012 to 11 Apr 2013". I thought this ship went into dry dock last year? What is the reason for the dated deck plans? We are looking at a cruise in late 2012, and oddly enough, there is no Vista Deck map for the 2012-2013 deck plan. Clearly, they are not planning on removing a deck, but would the deck plans change?? Makes no sense to me.
  • Also, from what I've read, the Constellation has been retrofit with the Solstice class features. Is that correct? Does that mean when I see Solstice class referred to on this site or other places, I can assume that it applies to the Constellation as well? I'm sure I'm very off base here - any clarification would be much appreciated!
  • Finally, what is the general condition of the ship's facilities and cabins? I'm a seasoned HAL traveler, how does it compare?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering my newbie questions! :)

CS remains a M-Class Ship upgraded with some S-Class features.

Tuscan Grill Specialty Restaurant

Bistro on Five

Café Al Bacio

Cellar Masters

A new Martini Bar

Crush

New carpets thru out

They did an excellent job. We cruised her for two weeks in March/April.

Can't compare with HAL, never cruised with them. ~ Ric

Given that the OP is new to X all this is a bit academic. Unless you have been on an S class ship, saying that it is like an S class is fairly meaningless.

My suggestion is to just enjoy the Connie for what she is, you will have a great time.

It is fairly academic, except that you will sometimes see something on the X website "only available on S class ships" or "not available on S class ships" and if you don't know what class Connie is in, it can be confusing. Connie remains M class even after the Solsticization.

It is fairly academic, except that you will sometimes see something on the X website "only available on S class ships" or "not available on S class ships" and if you don't know what class Connie is in, it can be confusing. Connie remains M class even after the Solsticization.

Yep, that's the point.

Phil

Archived