Princess Visa-When to redeem points before cruise?

Lorabelle

We are cruising at the end of October. How much time is needed prior to the cruise to allow the points to post to our booking? We want to wait as long as possible so that we have more points to redeem, but not so late that it won't get posted to our booking in time.

Lori

We are cruising at the end of October. How much time is needed prior to the cruise to allow the points to post to our booking? We want to wait as long as possible so that we have more points to redeem, but not so late that it won't get posted to our booking in time.

Lori

We generally cash them in for a credit against our Princess Visa balance & you can check the rules but believe that you can do it even after final payment. I have no way to know what type of award you plan to use & there is helpful info on the card's website.

I want to redeem the points for OBC, but I don't know how long this process takes from the time I contact Visa to redeem the points. I don't want to wait too long, but I would also like to wait as long as possible to accumulate as many points for redemption as possible.

Somewhere I recall it was two weeks before the cruise itself but I'm not certain. It might have been posted on the credit card web site but I can't seem to find it again. It could have been that I was told that by a service rep one time when I couldn't fine the cabin credit on the Princess web site. I know it does take a few days for the CC to appear on the cruise personalizer.

I would cash them in just prior to the Cruise and allow two weeks for the points to be redeemed .

If I remember correctly the Princess OBC will show up in your Cabin with a card I believe from Passenger Service showing the $$ amount to be credited to your account. I do not believe it shows up under your Capt Circle membership.

When on board allow 24hrs for it to reflect on your account.

If I remember correctly this is what happened to me.

Take along your Confirmation when you Board in case there is an issue.

The rules state up to 15 days before going on your Cruise. Points are posted within 24 hours on your VISA account.

Again take the Confirmation with you when you Board-it should show up as OBC the first day after you embark-I checked when I boarded and it was not in the Acctg system right off-Passenger Src made a copy of my confirmation-it showed up the next day along with a Passenger Service card in my Cabin showing the OBC,-you can also call Barclay rewards-give them your cruise Booking number and they will varify its been assigned to your ship account.:p

I would cash them in just prior to the Cruise and allow two weeks for the points to be redeemed .

If I remember correctly the Princess OBC will show up in your Cabin with a card I believe from Passenger Service showing the $$ amount to be credited to your account. I do not believe it shows up under your Capt Circle membership.

When on board allow 24hrs for it to reflect on your account.

If I remember correctly this is what happened to me.

Take along your Confirmation when you Board in case there is an issue.

Exactly the way I've always done it. Works like a charm....:):):)

Bob

You cannot buy OBC within 2 weeks of the cruise, got to get in done before this time.

Did you know you can use these points to knock off money from your cruise? We usually scramble to spend the OBC (not drinkers) and I think next cruise we will try to reduce the cost of the cruise using these points instead.

You cannot buy OBC within 2 weeks of the cruise, got to get in done before this time.

Did you know you can use these points to knock off money from your cruise? We usually scramble to spend the OBC (not drinkers) and I think next cruise we will try to reduce the cost of the cruise using these points instead.

I just redeem it back in good old cash rather then be forced to spend it on their overprices extra's or tours.

I always get a credit toward the cruise payment rather than OBC. If you have to cancel the cruise for any reason, at least you have not lost anything. Points used for OBC on a cruise you had to cancel just disappear with nothing to show for it, once used they are gone.

I always get a credit toward the cruise payment rather than OBC. If you have to cancel the cruise for any reason, at least you have not lost anything. Points used for OBC on a cruise you had to cancel just disappear with nothing to show for it, once used they are gone.

We always wait until about 3 weeks before the cruise to cash in the points but you're correct about losing that cabin credit. I wonder if insurance would cover the loss?

Archived