Supper Club VS Steakhouse

SNJCruisers

I have had the privilege of eating in a few of the Supper Clubs on board some of the Carnival ships, with the last one being in 8/09. Since they have now been transformed into Steakhouses, are there many changes? Has the quality of the food gone down? Curious minds want to know. Thanks.

Why is it that people have the impression that a steakhouse is some low class thing? The steakhouses I have been too on land were easily $100 or more per person.

I certainly was not implying that steakhouses are a low class thing. I have been to Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Capital Grille and have enjoyed them immensely. The 30 pp upcharge for the Steakhouse on Carnival is therefore a great deal since you'll easily pay 3 times as much on land if you partake in all of the courses.

I certainly was not implying that steakhouses are a low class thing. I have been to Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Capital Grille and have enjoyed them immensely. The 30 pp upcharge for the Steakhouse on Carnival is therefore a great deal since you'll easily pay 3 times as much on land if you partake in all of the courses.

Didn't mean you, other posts on here comparing a steakhouse to Roadhouse grill... :)

No change. Live music disappeared before they changed the name.

Enjoy.

Im curious too why the big reaction to a name change .. no menu change.

As has been said, only the live music is gone... so Carnival finally got around to changing the name. why the fuss over a name change?

Why is it that people have the impression that a steakhouse is some low class thing? The steakhouses I have been too on land were easily $100 or more per person.

the term "steakhouse" can mean different things to different classes. to some, it can mean a mortons, ruths chris, or a capitol grille, or to the average carnival cruiser, a sizzler or a ponderosa.

it has been very apparent to me, on my sailings, that the place was never busy, so they needed to do something to get more people.

Removing the fine dining element was the first change. Changing the dress code is another. now they're toying with the idea of discount meals for eating at the bar ($10 off, as per the jh facebook)

and now, there's really no longer a reason to serve this "quality" food in a separate area, now that it is simply about eating, and not dining.

they may as well just have a "pay for" section on the menu in the mdr.

yet another change to satisfy the lowest common denominator.

Archived