Disembarking in Vancouver

davidrle

Sailing on the Celebrity Century on Sunday from Vancouver and I have yet another question. I think all first timers have loads of questions.

I guess lots of people are desperate to be first in the line to be off the ship on arrival in Vancouver. Me and my girlfriend are a little different. We live 5 mintues from Canada place, so would rather have a nice leisurely morning.

The ship arrives at 7am. What time is the latest time we can be off? And is breakfast provided on the morning of arrival?

Thanks,

David

Sailing on the Celebrity Century on Sunday from Vancouver and I have yet another question. I think all first timers have loads of questions.

I guess lots of people are desperate to be first in the line to be off the ship on arrival in Vancouver. Me and my girlfriend are a little different. We live 5 mintues from Canada place, so would rather have a nice leisurely morning.

The ship arrives at 7am. What time is the latest time we can be off? And is breakfast provided on the morning of arrival?

Thanks,

David

The last day of the cruise is a sad day. :(

What normally happens (I'm a first timer with Celebrity but all lines seem to have the same system) is that the ship wants to disembark passengers as quickly as possible to they can prepare for the next sailing.

• Breakfast will be served but earlier than usual with no specials
  • no room service will be available
  • you will be asked to be out of your cabin by a certain time (often 9am with other cruise lines)
  • you will be given a time slot to disembark. (This will be the earliest you can disembark so from that time you can get off)
  • you will probably be given colour coded labels for your luggage for disembarkation

To be honest the ship takes on more of an airport lounge feel on the last day. Everyone dressed in travel clothes with carry-ons waiting in lounges. I don't think you will want to hang around too long on the last day.

I disembarked Century on Sunday and was able to stay on the ship till

about 10:00am. Breakfast is served in the dining room and up at the

buffet. Times are earlier than usual. Check your "Celebrity Today" and

the times will be listed in there.

Since you live right there I would go to Guest Relations and ask to be

put in the "last group off"...everyone has colored/numbered tags. I was

in Green 24 and not sure there were any groups after me;)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

On 2 of my cruises I was flying out the same day so was in the first group off in order to catch my early flight. On my other cruise we wanted to enjoy the ship a bit more that morning but also ran in to no room service and the buffet was closed by the time we made it up there. There really wasn't much to do so at that point we were eager to get off and head to our Miami hotel. I suspect you'll find that you will want go ahead and disembark and head home.

When you fill out your debarkation form you will indicate that you have no connections, so you will likely be placed at the tail end of the departures and will likely have a high number (25-35) on your tags. On our last three X cruises, we were told to show up at our debarkation lounge/location about five minutes prior to our scheduled departure so you can stay in your stateroom until then. I believe that the buffett closes around 8:30 so you can't get a real late breakfast.

The crew will be very focussed on preparing the ship for that afternoon's new passengers so while you won't be 'pushed' to disembark they would prefer you to vacate your cabin as soon as possible. We found that much of the ship is closed for maintenance or cleaning so there really isn't very much to see or do apart from waiting until your luggage tag colour/number is called and leaving. If you want a late, leisurely breakfast I'd suggest one of the excellent cafes in town - I'm sure you know where they are!

I disembarked from Century a week ago. I opted for Express Disembarkation. Rather than wait with others in Rendezvous Lounge in an "airport lounge atmosphere", I arrived there with my suitcase at 7:30am in time to see passengers leave from the Lounge, so I joined them, went off the ship, through Canada Customs, walked around the block to Canada Line and was home in Yaletown by 8am. :)

I had breakfast in the buffet at 6:45am.

Donald.

Being a Vancouverite and not having any flights or tours you will likely be among the last to disembark and that will likely be somewhere about 9:30 am....this has been our experience with both Celebrity and Princess.

Archived