Dream and Mahogany Bay?

Elmo31

So when did you sail the Dream and did you miss or did you get to go to Mahogany Bay? That is one of my favorite ports and have been hearing the Dream has been missing it alot so just curious. Thanks!

yep , got there every time we were scheduled to get there.

not sure really how many times they missed... this is CC so you knows how something grows from an ant hill to Mt. Evrest...

BTW.. mahogany... nothing special at all

I didn't like Mahogany Bay (did like Grand Turk)

the day I was there MB power was out...it also seemed pretty crowded

water was a little murky

Dream made it there...they were there ahead of Valor..place was pretty crowded....

without power the bathroom situation was a mess LOL...went back to ship after about 2hours

long walk...crummy stores at the top...all the same shops...no local charm

I was in Roatan a few years ago went to Fins and Flippers (now called something else and more expensive, cruiseline tour LOL)..it was nice

Next time I would go on a Victor Bodden or ? tour...get away from Mahogany Bay

We were on the Dream last June (2010) and weren't able to dock at Mahogany Bay but instead docked at coxen Hole. Had to change plans up a bit as we had planned on doing the zip line and spending time on the beach. Instead we went on a tour of the island & saw the monkeys at Victor Bodden's. Still a good time.

oh sounds like it does make it to MB alot. I was getting the impression the Dream hardly ever makes it there. Thanks for all your quick responses. Now I will cross my fingers and hope mother nature isnt a mean old lady in October......LOL:D

Beginning this week Carnival Dream itineraries have been adjusted so that it is the only ship in Mahogany Bay when in Roatan. This will help in manuevering up the channel and into the pier with another ship in port either before or after the Dream arrives (the Dream has usually been scheduled to arrive first and leave first mening it has to also swing around another ship to depart) And quite often under the new itinerary, the Dream is the only ship in Roatan as well, leaving Coxen Hole pier open as an alternative docking site.

Beginning this week Carnival Dream itineraries have been adjusted so that it is the only ship in Mahogany Bay when in Roatan. This will help in manuevering up the channel and into the pier with another ship in port either before or after the Dream arrives (the Dream has usually been scheduled to arrive first and leave first mening it has to also swing around another ship to depart) And quite often under the new itinerary, the Dream is the only ship in Roatan as well, leaving Coxen Hole pier open as an alternative docking site.

Thanks for that info - that is interesting to know. I think we were "due" to be Roatan on Glory the same day Dream was scheduled to be there!

Went there on the Dream last June, and had a fantastic time. One of the most beautiful ports I have visited to this day.

Like others have said; it all comes down to mother nature. Cause on the same cruise, we ended up missing Costa Maya due to high winds & swells. Disappointing but at least we made Roatan. Wind seems to be a major issue for the Dream being unable to dock.

Archived