Maasdam Solo Travel; Oceanview or Lanai?

SantaAna,CA

Greetings! I am a solo lady traveler looking at the 11 day southern Caribbean in December of 2011. I like the look of the lanai cabins, but there is always the single supplement to consider! The price does make a difference to me, I was just wondering about HAL passengers who have been in both/either of these cabins, and what your opinion is. Is the lanai worth the large difference in fare? Thanks for any input!

I'm a solo who stays in the inside cabins on Lower Promenade. However, I did once stay in an outside on that deck, and examined a lanai cabin when it was vacant.

You should be happy in either cabin. there is plenty of space, especially for one. The lanai has much less desk space, and no drawer space; the outside is better at providing both.

The lanai cabin guarantees you two loungers on deck, convenient to your cabin (as they are just outside).

The question becomes how important are those loungers, especially compared to desk/drawer space? My cabin is always a short hop to the doors, and I have always been able to find one lounger to sit on.

Thanks for any input!

Personally, I'd book an inside.

I think happiness is experiences-over-stuff. I classify a cabin as "stuff" (since I'm not in the cabin much, especially as a solo-- I want to be out and about meeting new people), and I classify excursions as "experiences".

Happiness = Experiences (over stuff)

My two cents.

You couldn't pay me to cruise in a lanai stateroom - OR and inside closet (which is all inside staterooms are). When I cruise solo I tend towards oceanview since it's significantly cheaper than a verandah. I expect to have an unobstructed view of the ocean, and not be looking out at some silly deck and a railing beyond that and the sea in the distance beyond that. I also like my drapes open - can't do that with people walking past your window, so lanai cabins are OUT for me for both reasons. Life is too short!

Sue/WDW1972

DCL Dream 11/10/11

Noordam 1/13/12

Greetings! I am a solo lady traveler looking at the 11 day southern Caribbean in December of 2011. I like the look of the lanai cabins, but there is always the single supplement to consider! The price does make a difference to me, I was just wondering about HAL passengers who have been in both/either of these cabins, and what your opinion is. Is the lanai worth the large difference in fare? Thanks for any input!

Better yet, since there is the single supplement to consider as a solo, book an interior stateroom! Cheaper, with the same square footage as an oceanview or lanai stateroom! ;) And, of course, with the lanai stateroom, there is the issue of persons being able to look in your window when close to it, (unless you keep the curtains closed, as well as the sound of water being sprayed against your window & exterior walls early every morning from hoses by the crew during the process of cleaning the "Outdoor Walkaround"! :p

Archived