Do they stamp your passport on a cruise?

vizzle

We had ours stamped at Roatan on our RCCL cruise. There was a little covered desk there just off the ship. No signage or anything. I actually walked up to ask where I could get it stamped & it turned out that she was the "stamper".

Passports are not stamped, because you don't actually need one on a cruise (but highly recommended) Also, passports are generally to allow you into a country, not to leave. If you go to the pursors desk, and leave you passport, asking them to stamp it, they will have it stamped at each port. At least they used to.

You only need your passport to get on the ship and then to get through customs on your return to the US.

That is it.

The other islands you visit in the Caribbean never ask.

Just for a photo id.

I tried to take ours to the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations) on 3 different Carnival cruise and was told all 3 times that they could not get the passport stamped for us.

We have gotten ours stamped ourselves in Grand Cayman, Nassau and Ocho Rios, Jamaica so far. (hoping for Roatan, Belize and Cozumel in September)

Good luck.

Bill

We have gotten ours stamped ourselves in Grand Cayman, Nassau and Ocho Rios, Jamaica so far. (hoping for Roatan, Belize and Cozumel in September)

Good luck.

Bill

Would you mind sharing where you got it stamped in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios - seems like a cool thing to do!

I've only had mine stamped in Grand Cayman. There is a customs building right where the tenders drop you off. It is a small white building to the right, in the midst where all of the excursion companies gather trying to get your business.

DH & I just walked right in on the way back to the tenders when returning to the boat and got them stamped.

It seems pretty hit or miss about getting guest services/purser's desk to get them stamped for you. When I asked earlier this month on my last cruise, I was told they stopped doing that 2 years ago. I have read reviews within the past 1 year where cruisers were able to get their passports stamped at the pursers office. So having Carnival hold your passports and getting them stamped may be more luck of the draw than anything else.

You only need your passport to get on the ship and then to get through customs on your return to the US.

That is it.

The other islands you visit in the Caribbean never ask.

Just for a photo id.

I tried to take ours to the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations) on 3 different Carnival cruise and was told all 3 times that they could not get the passport stamped for us.

Good luck.

Bill

I tried to get mine stamped in Belize. The lady that does it went home "sick" the day we were there :(. Guess I'll just have to go on another cruise there.

Archived