Main Dining

Hi all,

We are cruising out on Allure this Sunday, June 5th...our first cruise!

My hubby and I are taking our four children ages 15, 15, 12 and 10.

My question is in regards to the main dining room dining options. We have booked a table for just the 6 of us in the main dining room (8:30 seating), as we thought it might be hard on other people (say 2 couples who came w/o kids) to be with our large and sometimes loud family at dinner. I am assuming that the kids will eat a few meals with their teen group/friends. In this case, if it's just my hubby and me dining, will they sit us with other people? Or will we be at a table for 6, with only 2 people dining?

I can't imagine how the dining room deals with inconsistencies with all of the specialty dining and kids making other plans, etc....

Thanks for your help!

If you are in traditional dining once you are assigned a table, that is your table for the entire cruise regardless of how many people show up each night. Dining requests are just that, requests. It is possible that you will be assigned a larger table than what you asked for. When we did traditional, we would always check the dining room as soon as we boarded to make sure our table size was correct. At that time if it is not, you can asked that it be changed.

Have you considered My Time Dining? You can eat whenever you want this way and they will seat you with however are in your party each night whether that is 2 or 6 people or anything in between.

Yes..you will be all alone at your table, if the kids aren't there. In my experience, they won't seat "couples' with a family....if you were to ask for a larger table, it would be another family.

We have booked a table for just the 6 of us in the main dining room (8:30 seating), as we thought it might be hard on other people (say 2 couples who came w/o kids) to be with our large and sometimes loud family at dinner.

You will most likely get your requested table for 6.

There will be other families, and large loud groups, don't worry. :) If it's a concern to you, you might have a word with the kids on keeping their voices down, but I seriously doubt this will be a problem. ;)

Also remember, you can absolutely dine in the Windjammer (buffet) any evening you wish; just be sure to tell your waiter the night before if you won't be there the next night. The WJ is nice at night: much quieter, dimmer lighting, and a relaxed atmosphere.

Enjoy your cruise! I bet you're all excited. :D

Yes..you will be all alone at your table, if the kids aren't there. In my experience, they won't seat "couples' with a family....if you were to ask for a larger table, it would be another family.

Your experience may be sorely limited as we, as a couple, have occasionally had the experience of being seated with a family of six, and just a month ago we were a family of seven on Explorer of the Seas and RCI seated two young women at our table. They said that they enjoyed the experience and we enjoyed their company.

Just where do you think they are going to sit a couple who have asked for a large table? Not all large tables are made up of multiple unrelated couples or groups of four or more. :rolleyes:

Your experience may be sorely limited as we, as a couple, have occasionally had the experience of being seated with a family of six, and just a month ago we were a family of seven on Explorer of the Seas and RCI seated two young women at our table. They said that they enjoyed the experience and we enjoyed their company.

Just where do you think they are going to sit a couple who have asked for a large table? Not all large tables are made up of multiple unrelated couples or groups of four or more. :rolleyes:

I will bet you money you wont get a reply back :D

I will bet you money you wont get a reply back :D

I think I may be on her "ignore" list. I should put her on mine but then I'd miss out on some of the most outrageous comments that appear on these boards.:D

I was part of a family of 5, and they seated a very sweet, young honeymoon couple with us. Those poor kids...they had requested a table for 2, and ended up with seniors and their adult children. How romantic (yeah, right)! The honeymooners immediately requested a change, but were told nothing could be done until after the first night. They were offered their own table on the 2nd night, but decided to stick with us for the remainder of the cruise. I guess they enjoyed hangin' with the old-folk.

But I digress. Point being, they can and do seat couples with families.

Archived