Pre-Booking Excursions Question

webzila

Got a question about pre-booking excursions online through NCL.

Do they charge your CC right away or do they charge your on-board acct once you take the excursion?

I found some posts saying that they charge your ship acct - but the posts were from a year ago - just want to make sure that is still the same.

When we pre-booked with Carnival we were charged right away...havent been on NCL recently.

Thanks

Our experience has been that the excursions that we book in advance of our trip are charged to our on-board account after we set up our on-board account at embarkation. By the time we get to our cabin, all of our excursion tickets are in our room.

Since you haven't pre-paid for the excursion, what is the cancellation policy?

You can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the excursion. If you decide before you sail that you want to cancel or change excursions, all it takes is a phone call to the shore excusions desk. It's easy!!

It has been my experience that they only charge things one day at a time. This includes what you spend that day, $12 daily fee for each, any excursion, meals and so on. Even when you prebook a specialty restaurant, you will not see a charge on your account until you actually go there to eat (unless you didn't show up and didn't cancel).

I do have to say, we cancelled one of the restaurants within a few hours of our dining reservations and we were still not charged for it. :)

when do you get your excursion tickets? If they charge your on board account on the day of embarkation, do you get them the same day in your cabin or do you have to wait a day before the port stop then they charge you and give your tickets?

I am wondering because i am going to Bermuda and we have 2 seas days before docking

You can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the excursion. If you decide before you sail that you want to cancel or change excursions, all it takes is a phone call to the shore excusions desk. It's easy!!

That's awesome! In that case, I think I will go ahead and book the excursions that I am interested in now, and not keep struggling with my commitment issues!:D

Our experience has been that the excursions that we book in advance of our trip are charged to our on-board account after we set up our on-board account at embarkation. By the time we get to our cabin, all of our excursion tickets are in our room.

Your tickets are in your room but you are not charged when you set up your account.

when do you get your excursion tickets? If they charge your on board account on the day of embarkation, do you get them the same day in your cabin or do you have to wait a day before the port stop then they charge you and give your tickets?

I am wondering because i am going to Bermuda and we have 2 seas days before docking

If you have booked your excursions prior to your cruise the tickets will be in your cabin on the first day. If they are not (which has never happened to us) go to the excursions desk and check.

Archived