NCL poor customer service

Andy Reno

I am very disapointed in the lies and deciet fron NCL prior to my trip. Ncl promised an upgraded cabin but failed to deliver other than that great 1st time cruise

NCL star from seattle kechikan Juenau and skagway prince rupert seattle 5/21 overall a good trip met my expectations Food in market cafe was poor but the dining rooms were good Great meal in the cagney steakhouse. Prince Rupert was a wasted stop with nothing to do no sovenier shops no nothing why stop here ??

ship 7 / 10 food 7/10 on board service 8/10 Dont waste your money on soda program as flat from 2 litre bottle and difficult to get service in shows

Alaska 10/10

long story My mom and dad sister boyfriend and his parents booked cruise via uk travel agent. NCL was offering upgrades at the time. I called and was told by two ncl reps that If my Parents added me to there group they (NCL) would honor advertised upgrade. When we recieved the cruise docs no upgrade ncl in both Miami and London blamed each other and refused to honor upgrade ( I have voice recordings of the calls)

My Family spent in excess of 10,000 just on the cruise NCL couldnt give a dam about this

Well, I'm not quite sure I understand them having to add you to the group for the upgrade. And maybe it wasn't 'lies and deceit' but a mix up all around, which might be a bit unfortunate, but if I understand correctly, you did say you had a great first cruise. :)

What type of upgrade were you supposed to get? (From what type of cabin to what type of cabin.) Often it's just a change in location, in which case, you wouldn't have missed much. Just curious.

If promised an upgrade (cabin I suppose), I would imagine that you should be advised of that immediately - like given a new cabin number which you can readily check the category and was upgraded.

Additionally, as unfortunate as this may be for you, as the saying goes "get it in writing". NCL has no problem hitting a button to generate an email confirmation of your booking. Those confirmations include everything indicating the cabin, fare/discount codes, OBC, etc.

If anything, I fail to see how it was NCLs fault unless you had a printed confirmation showing what you were supposed to have. My view is that it's your travel agent's fault - your booking was with them and they were responsible for it, dealing with NCL and everything related. Why were you dealing with NCL trying to get your upgrade? Isn't that your travel agent's job?

Howard

If promised an upgrade (cabin I suppose), I would imagine that you should be advised of that immediately - like given a new cabin number which you can readily check the category and was upgraded.

Additionally, as unfortunate as this may be for you, as the saying goes "get it in writing". NCL has no problem hitting a button to generate an email confirmation of your booking. Those confirmations include everything indicating the cabin, fare/discount codes, OBC, etc.

If anything, I fail to see how it was NCLs fault unless you had a printed confirmation showing what you were supposed to have. My view is that it's your travel agent's fault - your booking was with them and they were responsible for it, dealing with NCL and everything related. Why were you dealing with NCL trying to get your upgrade? Isn't that your travel agent's job?

Howard

I may be wrong since I've never used a TA. But I was under the impression that NCL would not deal directly with you if you used a TA, everything had to go through them. :confused:

What type of upgrade were you supposed to get? (From what type of cabin to what type of cabin.) Often it's just a change in location, in which case, you wouldn't have missed much. Just curious.

That's exactly what I was thinking. That it was an upgrade in the same catgegory...

long story My mom and dad sister boyfriend and his parents booked cruise via uk travel agent. NCL was offering upgrades at the time. I called and was told by two ncl reps that If my Parents added me to there group they (NCL) would honor advertised upgrade. When we recieved the cruise docs no upgrade ncl in both Miami and London blamed each other and refused to honor upgrade ( I have voice recordings of the calls)

My Family spent in excess of 10,000 just on the cruise NCL couldnt give a dam about this

I know that $10k seems like a lot but for 8 people it's not much at all. I don't say that to minimize your concerns, just pointing out that NCL isn't going to treat you any differently because you spent "big bucks" with them. I'm sure there were people on board that paid close to that for only 2 people. There were a lot of fingers in this pie, which tends to muddy waters and make what should be simple extraordinarily complex. At least you had a good cruise and undoubtedly will have fond memories of time with your family (and learned next time to book everyone at the same time with one entity;)).

I am very disapointed in the lies and deciet fron NCL prior to my trip. Ncl promised an upgraded cabin but failed to deliver other than that great 1st time cruise

NCL star from seattle kechikan Juenau and skagway prince rupert seattle 5/21 overall a good trip met my expectations Food in market cafe was poor but the dining rooms were good Great meal in the cagney steakhouse. Prince Rupert was a wasted stop with nothing to do no sovenier shops no nothing why stop here ??

ship 7 / 10 food 7/10 on board service 8/10 Dont waste your money on soda program as flat from 2 litre bottle and difficult to get service in shows

Alaska 10/10

?????

Has anybody figured this out?

I'm sorry to say, you will find in almost anything as you go through life, CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone by the wayside. The only thing anyone is interested in these days is the bottom $$$ or Euro or Yen or whatever monetary value you use. It is not just NCL or even cruiselines.

The company doesn't care about you or what you paid. You are just a number that is providing them revenue. JMHO!

I would imagine that the Travel Agent is the culprit and at the root of the problem. We have used an agent in the past and have found it easier and less hastle to deal with NCL directly. NCL will forward (via email)confirmation of all credits and/or changes regarding your reservation. The last time we used our Travel Agent we had nothing but chaos and problems. Our payments were not even posting to our account properly. Adding a third-party is not always a good scenario. :)

I'm sorry to say, you will find in almost anything as you go through life, CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone by the wayside. The only thing anyone is interested in these days is the bottom $$$ or Euro or Yen or whatever monetary value you use. It is not just NCL or even cruiselines.

The company doesn't care about you or what you paid. You are just a number that is providing them revenue. JMHO!

Although this is certainly not disputable and I will be the first to complain about today's customer service. I'm not really sure NCL did any wrong doing because no one appears to be able to quite figure out what was actually done, not done and or promised.

The OP said they booked through a TA.

Although this is certainly not disputable and I will be the first to complain about today's customer service. I'm not really sure NCL did any wrong doing because no one appears to be able to quite figure out what was actually done, not done and or promised.

The OP said they booked through a TA.

That's true. When I had a travel agent involved NCL would not deal with me directly, only through the agent. That is why we tried dealing with NCL directly and we have found it to be much less of a hastle. More freestyle, if you will! lol

That's true. When I had a travel agent involved NCL would not deal with me directly, only through the agent.

That being the case it would be impossible for "NCL" to promise the OP anything if they won't deal with you directly if you book through a TA. The OP claims they booked through a TA and then claims he spoke to 2 NCL reps about this booking.

:confused:

I don't understand the part about NCL running a special for an upgrade. A special is a special...it usually isn't going to change to a stipulation "well, only if you will add another people onto your cruise". :confused:

Archived