Specialty diner Price increase

Just noticed that the specialty restaurants prices went up. I paid about a month ago for Dinner at Giovanni's Table $25.00pp it is now $30.00pp. and Chops went up to $30.00pp from $25.00pp. I'm sure the rest of them went up too the same 5.00

Just noticed that the specialty restaurants prices went up. I paid about a month ago for Dinner at Giovanni's Table $25.00pp it is now $30.00pp. and Chops went up to $30.00pp from $25.00pp. I'm sure the rest of them went up too the same 5.00

We were just on the Allure a couple weeks ago and the price of Giovanni's Table was only $15.

I just went into my pre cruise planner and...

Chops is showing at $30 pp

Dinner at Giovanni's Table is showing $20 pp

Lunch at Dinner at Giovanni's Table $15 pp

Dinner at 150 central park $40 pp

Dinner at Dinner at Samba Grill $25 pp (same rate)

Dinner at Dinner at Chef's Table $95 pp

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just went into my pre cruise planner and...

Chops is showing at $30 pp

Dinner at Giovanni's Table is showing $20 pp

Lunch at Dinner at Giovanni's Table $15 pp

Dinner at 150 central park $40 pp

Dinner at Dinner at Samba Grill $25 pp (same rate)

Dinner at Dinner at Chef's Table $95 pp

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You and I are on the same sailing. I just checked and some of the prices did increase. Since we paid the old prices at the time of making the dining reservations, will be charged the new prices on board?

You and I are on the same sailing. I just checked and some of the prices did increase. Since we paid the old prices at the time of making the dining reservations, will be charged the new prices on board?

I sure hope not! I dont think RCCL would charge us the difference of the rates but to be honest I dont put it past them! Guess we will be finding out very soon!

I just checked and some of the prices did increase. Since we paid the old prices at the time of making the dining reservations, will be charged the new prices on board?

Interesting...I wonder...well will find out soon enough...I have already pre-booked all my dining for my next 2 cruises...I can't imagine them adding us an additional charge...that's kind of like raising cruise fare after purchase.

150 Central Park and Chops were already at the edge of my comfort level, and while Chef's Table was an awesome experience, the new price is just crazy ... I guess strength of bookings is encouraging this.

I was reading your Oasis review the other day and you were talking about how you liked being able to have lunch at Giovanni's Table for 10 pp. I booked my lunch right after I finished your review and GLAD I DID! :D

We really liked the Chef table but not for $95 that is just excessive and would skip it the next time around.

The Chef's Table is a very different experience than the other specialty restaurants. Limited number of people, many courses, wine pairings, private setting and so forth, so it stands to reason that the price will be higher than, say, Chops or Samba Grill.

That said, I found the food and service at 150 Central Park to be very similar in quality, albeit slightly fewer courses and no wine pairings. (But then, we didn't care for some of the wines that were paired at the Chef's Table). For the price difference, I'd choose 150. Service was outstanding at 150 as well. Unless someone else is paying, I wouldn't choose the Chef's Table again on a future cruise, but absolutely will return to 150, probably a couple of times per cruise.

Just checked with RCCL with regards to those who have already booked restaurants and got this reply -

The new specialty dining cover charges for Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table,

150 Central Park and Chef’s Table are effective as of today.

For guests currently holding a dining reservation at these restaurants, the

cover charge at the time of booking will be honored.

Have any of you been to the grocery store lately? I have a client I cook for on a regular basis, pretty standard menu. Her grocery costs have gone from an average of 60-70 per week to 95 to 110 per week!!! And that is just the raw food not to mention the added fuel cost that I have in driving the 45 miles to her house back and forth, but hey, I'm glad I have the job!

These restaurants are a "choice" and there are plenty of places to eat that are included in your cruise fare.

Chef's Table $95pp, oh my....:eek:

If you think that is bad, check out Remy, a Disney cruise line specialty restaurant, where a reviewer mentioned tha their special 6 course meal complete with wine pairings and a cheese platter that was "like eating fine caviar",:D ran a couple $381. Now that deserves an "oh my:rolleyes:"

Just looked at the reservation system for Mariners specialty restaurants on my sailing.

Kindda funny. The review for Chops says

"Costs

A nominal fee of $25 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities. "

but the reservations says

s.gifPrices starting from:

*30.00 USD

Per Person

and when you reserve it is 30 PP.

Since I'm not sure which day we wish to go so it's a moot point but still seems to have gone up $5 PP

and they haven't yet changed all their info. They have however remembered to change the $$$s.:rolleyes:

Just checked with RCCL with regards to those who have already booked restaurants and got this reply -

The new specialty dining cover charges for Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table,

150 Central Park and Chef’s Table are effective as of today.

For guests currently holding a dining reservation at these restaurants, the

cover charge at the time of booking will be honored.

Thanks for that confirm Liz:)

I can just see the C&A press release now...

Due to the increase in prices at our specialty restaurants, the ultimate savings coupon books are worth even more for our loyal Crown and Anchor members.:eek:

Good one:D

If the food was as good as it was when these restaurants first opened I would go along with the price increase however I feel the quality has gone down. The steaks in Chops were excellent at the opening but I feel it lacks at this point:)

If you think that is bad, check out Remy, a Disney cruise line specialty restaurant, where a reviewer mentioned tha their special 6 course meal complete with wine pairings and a cheese platter that was "like eating fine caviar",:D ran a couple $381. Now that deserves an "oh my:rolleyes:"

That one gets a "...you gotta be ....... kidding me..."

Archived