***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, what a great deal for Chris your Zumba instructor. Perhaps things will start turning around for the better for her now. She sounds like a real nice lady. Well I am sorry to hear you are up a few 10ths. With all that you are doing I don't know why you are not loosing more. Perhaps your metabolism needs a jump start.

Right now gold is also a sure investment. For the market this is a great time to invest and ride the storm out. Panic is not the answer now.

We went to a different investment consultant. As the other place never communicated with us and this new one will do a better job keeping us all in the loop.

Kathy

Yes, I've had a few different investment guys, but this one seem to be right on top of things. He calls every once in a while with some ideas, sometimes I take him up on them and sometimes not.

Chris said today at Zumba if anyone wanted to come along in March to Jamaica it would be great, of course we would have to make a reservation and pay. I imagine in March it would be pretty nice to go to Jamaica for a week. At least this year I won't have to worry about getting the driveway/lane of the other house plowed open! Saw on the news, Nova Scotia shoveling out a bad snow they just had, sure not looking forward to that. I might not like the humidity and 90+ temps but got to admit its better than snow.

Have you heard from the dr again about the mammo rescreening yet? I have a dermatologist appmt on Friday morning. Darn it, I made it about 6 months ago when I wasn't going to Zumba on Friday mornings. Now I'll have to miss the class. It's just a check up, I went from every 3 months to 6 months if she doesn't find anything maybe I'll go to a yearly screening.

Sharon, I did hear back form the Dr., and just waiting for the place to let me know when there is an opening. They want an ultra sound as well. OK, for March see if the place will cut you a deal for accompanying the instructor. Perhaps you can tell them you are her manager and Zumba pro.

We have bocce tonight at 6:30, weather wise it should be a very nice night. After the winter we just had I am not going to complain about the heat. When you are hot there is always something you can do to cool off. But once you get chilled it is not that easy to warm up.

Kathy

Hope by now you have had the ultra sound and everything is A OK! It was a nice night last night to be outside. I went for a walk with Tinker, she has bee enjoying it again...if I don't go too far. I've been trying to get Bill to go with me too, but he always says he's too tired. I told him he would feel better if he did, but its still a no go.

I think you've got something there about saying I'm Chris' manager, ha ha, I looked up some rates and they are running around the high 300 to low 400 dollar a NIGHT. I think you would have to get a package deal though one of the travel suppliers. However I don't think we want to go there, too many other places we would like to go first.

I spent the whole afternoon going through a plastic tub of pictures my mom had. I sorted out some for a cousin that is supposed to come into town from Las Vegas on Monday and some for my sister. Now I need to go through my boxes of pictures and throw away all the just scenery ones and those of people I don't even know who they are anymore.

I'm with you about the heat. Seems you can always cool off but not so easy to get warm.

Sharon, things are not looking good at all. They found 2 masses and now I have to go back on Wednesday for a biopsy. When I got home, what a surprise. Bill has started ripping the carpet in the hallway, as he is going to get the hardwood floors refinished next Wednesday as well. He is having the living room and hallway done now. Perhaps somewhere down the road we will have the bedrooms finished as well.

His other house had nice finished hardwood floors. I did not know that we even had the hardwood floors until he started pulling the carpet back to see what was underneath. So this news has me kind of depressed just now. We will stay at a local hotel for 2 days while the floors are being sanded and finished.

I was doing the very same thing as you are doing, going through photos. Some of the ones I came across kind of made me sad. But after we are gone these photos will mean nothing to anyone except for us.

Kathy

Kathy, still could be nothing, I used to get fluid filled knots, once they aspirated them they went away. But I will certainly say some prayers for you and hope it is turns out to be truly nothing to worry about. Too bad you have to wait all the way till next Wednesday, just more time to worry.

Sounds like Bill was looking for something to do, I wish we had put in hard wood floors in the bedrooms instead of carpeting. I know there is only plywood underneath the carpeting though since they were bare when we bought the house. We are still looking for some type of floor covering for the basement, cement floor. I sure don't want carpeting down there!

Staying at a hotel for a couple of days will be like going on a mini-vacation, no cooking or cleaning!

I went to the skin dr this morning, if I had taken my shoes I could have made it to the Zumba class, but just came home instead. She found 3 places to zap with her frozen stuff. She was telling me about this blue light treatment. She said they put this cream on your face and then they put a blue light on for about 17 minutes. All pre-cancerous places turn red and after a couple weeks the redness disappears along with the spots. She said some women are doing it for the cosmetic benefits they get from it. They are contacting my insurance company to see if they will cover it, I am thinking about it, but haven't made up my mind yet. You have to stay completely out of the sun for that time period, and sun screen doesn't protect you.

I know what you mean about the pictures making you sad, same here, had to shed a few tears for the ones no longer here.

Sharon, we are getting some much needed rain just now. Yes, you are right about waiting so long to get this done. However some people have been saying the very same thing that you have said. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

Bill has been working hard ripping out the old carpeting. I have been getting on him about doing something in the living room as the carpeting was getting worn. So when he found that the carpeting had the hardwood floors, that is the route he decided to go. Certainly will save a lot of money doing it this way. Then he contacted a painting friend to have the living and hallway painted after all is finished.

Things are starting to shape up but Bill is feeling the pains from all of the work. Have a good weekend. I did not hear about that treatment you spoke of, but sounds like something looking into.

Kathy

My computer started acting funny on Friday so I took it up to the computer guy, I really had a job taking all the various cords off it. He called today and said it was ready and would cost 150.00. We will probably pick it up on Sunday. We bought a new mattress today, they are to deliver it on Tuesday. I am using my tablet to type this, couldn't go a day without checking in on here and facebook.

Forgot to say we got quite a storm this morning also, but then cleared up and got very warm. Sounds like you are going to have a very nice redecorated room and hall. We decided on not doing that insulation thing in the attic. I know how you feel about waiting for Wednesday and add a prayer for you every evening. Hope your parties are fun this weekend,

It was bogging down the systrm because it had been around so long and had so many posts. We used to have more posters adding comments but they have dwindled away and now there is just the two of us. Anyone is welcome to join in, and by the way we are always fighting the battle of the buldge. Not sure what you mean about facebook or twitter.

Sharon/ is your computer fixed now, and a new mattress on Tuesday. The Thunderbirds stayed at our airport over the weekend for the air and water show. They just left our airport a few minutes ago as I could hear them flying over. It was a very nice weekend. What did you do over the weekend?

I had the birthday party at my daughter's house on Saturday afternoon and then went to our neighbor's house that evening for a dinner party. Bill worked on getting the carpet ripped up. He bought a new TV a few weeks ago. So he hooked it up yesterday. It is a 50" plasma 3D LG, flat screen TV. We had a big 56" entertainment center on rollers that I am giving to my daughter.

The floors are getting sanded on Wednesday and we have to stay off if it for 2 days. Then it is getting painted on Saturday.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Weigh-in tonight.

Kathy

I bet you will enjoy that new tv, do you have to wear glasses to see the 3-D? We bought that big one last January and have been really happy with it, its a Sharp. We have a smaller one in the bedroom that is an LG. Both have excellent pictures.

Got my computer back today, he also installed Windows 7 on it. It runs much faster now and no "rolling" picture. One more night to sleep on the old mattress, and then hopefully we will sleep better. Actually anything at this point would be an improvement over what we have! They also gave us one of the little stuffed lambs, because its a Serta.

I saw on tv some of the air show, that would have really been something to see, what formations they had! But then I also saw the heavy rain ran some people home.

Looks like you have a couple of things going on Wednesday, is Bill going with you for the biopsy? You really should have someone with you. Even though they don't put you out, it is nerve racking and helps to have someone else to drive you home. Then you are going to a hotel, for your mini "vacation", ha ha.

Good luck with your weigh-in tonight, I'm aggrevated because I did not do good over the weekend. We went to The Lodges of Geneva Ridge on Saturday night and had the prime rib buffet and of course ate too much. Then went into the bar/lounge where they had a DJ/Karaoke guy. We danced quite a bit and had lots of fun watching everyone else. They had a big wedding there and many of the guests came into the bar after it was over. Unlike sometimes, when no one wants to get up and dance, it seemed like everyone wanted to dance.

Have a good afternoon...

Sharon, after work yesterday my head was not into going to weigh-in. With what I have to do on Wednesday I just was not in the mood. Yes, Bill is going with me as the procedure is not a good thing at all. They will give me ice packs to help with the swelling. It is at 12:45 so I will go into work in the morning.

We do have the 3D glass that came with the set. But we will have to get a 3D movie or video to get the real effect. I wish I could do something to get my mind off of Wednesday. Today is the day for your new mattress. It should be real nice to sleep on it tonight. Plus your computer is working at top speed once again.

Kathy

Kathy I don't see how you can be too productive going to work on Wed morning. I would have my mind in the same place as yours is, we will just have to keep thinking positive until it is no longer an option. There are probably several things that it could turn out to be that are not serious. I certainly will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

I did not go last night to meet my cousin, it was just too far and I really haven't seen her for years. She is more my sisters age, 3 years older than I am so they were always closer. If it had been during the day for lunch instead of evening I might have made the effort to go.

I have the bed all striped down, they are supposed to bring the new one between 1 and 4pm today. Hope it stops raining! We have had rain and thunder all morning, Tinker has been following me around, she doesn't mind the rain but hates the thunder. I got the rest of the grass cut yesterday afternoon so now with the rain it can start growing again.

Sharon, I left work around 11:30 yesterday. We drove to Crown Point, IN. The procedure took about 1 hour. I have to be back there today at 3 so they can check everything and then tell me the results. I was wrapped in ice packs afterwards and I was very uncomfortable all night.

So once I get the results then we will stay one more night before returning home. How is the new mattress? Our floors are finished and they look great. Just like brand new oak floors.

Thank you for the prayers, let's hope I get some good news later on.

Kathy

Sharon, everything is good. I am to go back in 6 months for a check-up and if all is well at that time them back to every year. So we stayed in Oak Brook last night as Bill had to get some shots for his foot that has ben bothering. So we figured since we could not stay in our house that it would be best to stay closer to the center where he had to go. A huge weight off of me yesterday with the good news.

At the hotel yesterday they had a prime rib special, all you can eat for $20, so we had that as I thought it was a great deal

Thank you for all of your concerns and thoughts.

Kathy

Kathy, I am so happy for you, whew, it is a relief! Do you have stitches or anything? Glad to hear about the floors too, I bet they really look nice. How did you do with the all you can eat Prime Rib? We usually can't eat anymore than what we get the first time, so they make out money wise pretty good with us. Sounds like you have both gotten some medical issues taken care, now you can relax. What did Bill need the shot for, sounds like it would hurt where ever they gave it on your foot. I have been having some arch problems on my right foot it has been hurting for a while now, I think its the sandles that I am wearing. They really don't have much support. Are you back to work on Monday?

I think I'll cut some grass this afternoon again, I cut it last Sunday, but it needs it again and I don't want to waste another Sunday doing it.

Again, so happy for you and the good news!

Sharon, no stitches just bandages and much black and blue areas. Also some swelling as well. They gave Bill something so he was not in any pain at all. This one foot has been bothering him for a number of years and had something to do with the nerves in his foot.

I only had one portion of the prime rib. Bill had 2 portions. I also cut off any grizzle as that is the stuff that is no good for you at all. Other wise I thought it was a good deal. Good to get the grass cut so you can enjoy the weekend. How is the new mattress feeling for you?

Actually I am back to work now. We stopped and had lunch on the way home and here I am back to work. Are you going dancing tonight? Enjoy,

Kathy

Good Saturday afternoon! We are kinda enjoying the new mattress, still trying to figure out if we like it or not. Its very high, one that you don't flip only turn around when needed. Bill always sat on the end of the bed and put his work shoes on, now he can't do to far to bend over. It just has a different "feel" than the old mattress.

We went dancing last night, seems like we mostly visited because of all the karoke singers. But had a good time anyway. Bill is working on the mower again today. Our self-propelled walk behind mower quit being self-propelled, so he ordered a bunch of parts and is putting them on. I always use it to do the trimming around stuff that the rider is too big to get close enough to.

I am down another couple of pounds, the trick will be for them to still be off on Monday morning! We got home so late last night that we slept late, so combined breakfast with lunch and had BLT's and sliced peaches. The peachs are really good this time of year, so juicy. Well better get busy doing something, have a great afternoon. Sharon

Sharon, the weather here has been very nice the past few weeks and this week is looking good as well. At least we do not have to worry about Irene. Congrats on loosing the pounds. With all of the eating out we did last week and all of the stress I was under, we'll see how I do at weigh-in tomorrow night.

The living room and hallway floors look great. The painter stiffed us all weekend so he is now coming tomorrow. New mattress are sometimes tough to get used to. You should try one of those sleep number beds they are always talking about. We have a vary firm water bed and it sits up kind of high.

It seems like you are always having problems with the mowers. Last year you had that guy pick them up twice to fix. But at least you do not have 2 places to worry about now. We gave our old sofa and love seat to Goodwill and had a new leather sofa and TV stand delivered yesterday.

Have a great Sunday, enjoy,

Kathy

Yes, pretty good on the weight, actually down to 145 now. I haven't seen that number for a long time! I am trying really hard because we have my class reunion coming up in October. I have never been to one since I only went two years to that HS. But I went all through grade school and jr high with most everyone. Somehow I got on their list and got an invite. Would like to get into the 130's somewhere.

We have a leather couch and chair, we have a blanket we use on the back of them during the winter since its a little cool sometimes. But we really like them. I have a cloth recliner that also rocks that I mainly sit in, I wanted Bill to get one too, but he didn't want one.

Good thing the painter is finally coming, don't you hate it when someone says they are coming and then they don't!

We thought about the sleep number beds, but decided it was just something else that could go wrong with it. We are starting to like the mattress maybe just getting used to it.

I know, the mowers get so much use that they always need attention. Bill again fixed the deck on the one so it should be good. He has worked on it 3 times now. If he would have gotten the right part to fix it in the beginning it would have only been one time. But he decided to "make" a part to fit it, we'll see if it's really fixed this time or not.

Good luck with the WW, Sharon