Any charge for a Butler to press an item

StuLaurie

We just found out that we are going to be in a Sky Suite on our Alaskan Cruise. If we ask our Butler to Press our clothes for dinner, is that an extra charge? How do they handle the clothes. Do they only press, or can they steam something. I have a dress with lots of pleats, and I don't think an iron would do a great job. Just wondering if I should let the Butler try to take the wrinkles out.

You can send your laundry/dry cleaning/pressing out to be done. I don't believe that the Butler can do this, but there is a way to have it done on board. There is a charge for this service and you should allow at least a couple of days to get your item back -- although there is an express service at an increased charge.

For myself, something with pleats is not something I would take.

And, as an aside, you cannot take your own iron or steamer on board with you.

Well, we are not paying for the Suite, we were Upgrade for free!!!!

I read somewhere that the Butler will ask you in the morning if you need anything pressed for that evening. That is why I am wondering if there is an extra cost. It sounds different than sending it out.

...I read somewhere that the Butler will ask you in the morning if you need anything pressed for that evening...

I don't recall our butler asking us anything of the sort the one time we were in a Sky Suite. At the same time I have no doubt that if we needed something like that done he would do his best to get it done for us - at the regular rate. The pressing rates are on Celebrity's web site at the bottom of the list at this link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Express (same day) service is available for a 50% extra charge over the standard two day rates. One thing I recently learned is that your room steward (or butler) will accept items in the evening of embarkation day for delivery the next day at standard rates. Normally items must be sent in in the morning for delivery back the following evening in order to get standard rates but there is an exception for laundry and pressing orders sent in on embarkation day.

A seam came open on my bathing suit...too much good food:) I asked our butler if he new of anyone who could fix it for me. He took it away and returned with it all fixed. I had to insist that he take some payment!

The charges are lower for pressing than they are for cleaning or laundering but if you pack with care you really shouldn't need the service. Don't forget that every other passenger pulls their wardrobe out of a suitcase and puts up with a wrinke or two just like you.

You can also take Downy (or other brands) wrinkle release and hang your things in the bathroom when you shower.

There are a number of packing threads you can check.

Congrats on your upgrade. You will actually have room in the SS bath to hang a garment or two without having them get caught up in the dreaded shower curtain!

Have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is special.

Captain Club members (depending on category) get one item pressed free of charge. My husband used it on our recent TA

'Select' Captain Club members get 2 items pressed 'free of charge' - I took advantage on my last cruise a week or so ago.

Sent them out via the Butler one day and they were back the same time the next day...

Nice perk for past passengers..!

Upgrade for free HOW??? HOW??? HOW???

You just have to live right!:D Search the threads for discussions of "Upgrade Fairy." OP also may have booked a guarantee cabin and lucked out-- sometimes you get assigned a cabin in a whole class above what you booked.

Upgrade for free HOW??? HOW??? HOW???

Please, tell me, in your signature, what IS that rocking ship and under what conditions was it rolling? Thanks.

Also, I recall that one of the p erks of having a suite, and I don't know if that included sky suites, was that you could get your laundry/pressing back one day earlier than everyone else.

I did learn in an inside cabin that if you had your laundry/pressing ready and in your steward's hands before 9 a.m. you'd get it back the following day at the same time, so there's something to do with the hour you get it to them. For instance, if you give them laundry at 2 in the afternoon on Monday you would not expect it back until Weds. morning by 9. If you were in a suite and turned it in at 2 on Monday you'd have it back on Tuesday. Something like that. If anyone wants to clarify further, please add your comment. It is quite possible that I just had a super steward who was also serving suites across the hall from me, aNd what I said is not generally applicAble.

I recall that one of the Captain's Club perks was a reduction in price (a percentage off) for a bag of laundry. My DD was one category below me and hers was 10% off and mine was 15% I think. What category gets a free one garment pressing?

Please, tell me, in your signature, what IS that rocking ship and under what conditions was it rolling? Thanks.

quote]

My DH had the same question a month ago. I don't remember the response.

Also, I recall that one of the p erks of having a suite, and I don't know if that included sky suites, was that you could get your laundry/pressing back one day earlier than everyone else.

I did learn in an inside cabin that if you had your laundry/pressing ready and in your steward's hands before 9 a.m. you'd get it back the following day at the same time, so there's something to do with the hour you get it to them. For instance, if you give them laundry at 2 in the afternoon on Monday you would not expect it back until Weds. morning by 9. If you were in a suite and turned it in at 2 on Monday you'd have it back on Tuesday. Something like that. If anyone wants to clarify further, please add your comment. It is quite possible that I just had a super steward who was also serving suites across the hall from me, aNd what I said is not generally applicAble.

I recall that one of the Captain's Club perks was a reduction in price (a percentage off) for a bag of laundry. My DD was one category below me and hers was 10% off and mine was 15% I think. What category gets a free one garment pressing?

The ship is The Voyager, and the video on youtube here:

Archived