Recent experiences in Murano on Celebrity

BrusselsGirl07

Anyone recently back from the Century who has dined in Murano, can you tell me what it was like? I have done a search and see that the cost is $35 per person, but on the Celebrity site, the menu they use as an example also has a 'five senses' menu including wine with each of 5 courses. What is the cost for this? Thanks!

Anyone recently back from the Century who has dined in Murano, can you tell me what it was like? I have done a search and see that the cost is $35 per person, but on the Celebrity site, the menu they use as an example also has a 'five senses' menu including wine with each of 5 courses. What is the cost for this? Thanks!

Murano has wonderful food and very good service...well worth the $35 pp cost. They offer two ways to order. The "five senses" menu includes wines paired with the courses and costs $125 or $150pp. We've never done that...always opting for the regular menu. We book the Murano for at least one night on each celebrity cruise and have found it excellent on the century, constellation, eclipse.

It is a leisurely dinner so don't expect to "eat and run". Lots of recommendations on what to order if you search...but we've never been disappointed.

I would add that one day (day after embarkation, I believe) on our recent Century sailing, Murano had a display table by their door with most, if not all of their dishes for viewing. It gave a good sense of portions and presentation.

IMHO, Murano is worth every penny of the $35 cover charge (which also covers your gratuity). It's equivalent to a $150+ per person dinner on land. My wife and I dine in Murano at least one night every time we sail on X. It's a french inspired menu which obviously appeals to some and not to others. Be sure to ask for the complimentary cheese course prior to dessert. They bring an amazing cheese cart to your table and present more than 20 cheeses from around the world, with various crackers, nuts, green apples, and figs. It's very impressive and delicious!

I went last month with another friend on the cruise and we had a

delicious dinner:). I had surf and turf and the steak was like butta;)

and the lobster was sweet and suculent. My pal had a straight filet.

We did not get the 5 senses menu as we just each had one glass of

wine. I had the Sweetbread Appetizer, The Heirloom Tomatoe

& Buffalo Mozz with Apples and Cantelope salad.....and the surf

& turf.... I had a Grand Mariner souffle for dessert. (I think...) I am

trying to recall if I got a souffle or not LOL...wow...the memory

is not what it used to be......

The food and service were both 5 stars (in my opinion).:D We really

enjoyed our evening.

Now you are just making me hungry!! I am definately going to book 1 or 2 nights at Murano!!

Hi, ya'll are going for 18 nights?:)....I would say go at least 2....even

3 times would be good:D

Yes, 18 nights, our longest cruise ever!! I can't wait - I may take your advice and go 3 times!!

The longest one I have taken was for 10 nights. One day I hope to

go on some really long ones (but work seems to get in the way:eek:).

If you take 18 and divide it down by 3 (you are sailing almost 3 weeks)

you can eat there 6 times:D and when you go that often sometimes

they will make you dinners that are not on the menu.....;)

We are lucky that we all get 4 weeks annual leave in Australia, and if you don't take some one year you can carry it over to the next year. Also we have something called long service leave, and some companies will reward you with leave after you have worked there for 10 years. My husband got 3 months leave after being at the one job for 10 years, and as you can just take it when you like, we can do these long cruises.

Is there a limit on how many times they will let you eat at Murano? Not that we are going to, but if you wanted to eat there every night would you be able to?

We are lucky that we all get 4 weeks annual leave in Australia, and if you don't take some one year you can carry it over to the next year. Also we have something called long service leave, and some companies will reward you with leave after you have worked there for 10 years. My husband got 3 months leave after being at the one job for 10 years, and as you can just take it when you like, we can do these long cruises.

Is there a limit on how many times they will let you eat at Murano? Not that we are going to, but if you wanted to eat there every night would you be able to?

Hi:) I know it is now Sunday for you so Happy Sunday (it is Sat night

here). I just had my 20 year anniversary where I work and will never

get more than 4 weeks:eek:....your hubby gets 3 months off?...WOW:)

As for Murano's, yes if someone wants to dine there every night

they may do so. Normally I don't either BUT I sailed Summit last May,

(2010) and for the first time in all my cruises I did dine in the

Specialty Restaurant all 7 nights.....it was a special trip as a friend

of mine was working on board. She and I dined together each night

and it was alot of fun:D

Archived