All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

[quote name='Aldeya']We had a pleasure to sail with Captain Nyseter. You are absolutely correct. Captain Olav was THE Captain of the Ship. He was literally everywhere. Very impressive man.[/QUOTE]

My DH and I sailed with Captain Nyseter on his last voyage! We returned to the explorer later this year but missed Olav greatly!

[quote name='clarea']I don't know if the bags are available, but if they are, they would not be part of any beverage package.[/quote]

I would like to know if the beer bags are available because if they are, I won't buy a beverage package. Hopefully someone will know?

[quote name='allboys27']I would like to know if the beer bags are available because if they are, I won't buy a beverage package. Hopefully someone will know?[/quote]

The beer bags were available. I'm not a beer drinker so didn't notice them on the ship, but they were selling them on Labadee while we were in the security line to get back to the ship.

With all the different beverage packages, can someone tell me if the beer bags are still available on Explorer?

TIA

Beer bags on ship though?? Don't think I could drink enough every day to validate drink package. Would love to be able to buy bag, and keep "extras" in the room on ice.

Beer bags on ship though?? Don't think I could drink enough every day to validate drink package. Would love to be able to buy bag, and keep "extras" in the room on ice.

My exact reason which prompted me to ask about the beer bags. On our last cruise it awesome having cold beers on ice in our room while enjoying the seas from our balcony...and the beer bags were a great deal! (At the time, beverage packages weren't available). This time around we are going for 9 nights. I'm contemplating a beverage package but I don't think I can drink enough for 9 days straight to validate the package. If the beer bags are still available my dilemma is solved.

Guest maddycat
My exact reason which prompted me to ask about the beer bags. On our last cruise it awesome having cold beers on ice in our room while enjoying the seas from our balcony...and the beer bags were a great deal! (At the time, beverage packages weren't available). This time around we are going for 9 nights. I'm contemplating a beverage package but I don't think I can drink enough for 9 days straight to validate the package. If the beer bags are still available my dilemma is solved.

We were on the Nov. 3rd sailing. I saw the beer bags being sold in Labardee. That was our 1st port. I assume that they were also selling them on the ship.

Guest maddycat
Oh so the correct term is "insulated bag" and NOT "beer bag" as has been posted. I couldn't figure out what the heck the fuss was over beer bag, never heard of it before.

RCI calls it a beer bag.

In the "regular" pool area the smoking area is the entire starboard side, with the exception of 2 or 3 table spaces.

I will scan the compasses as soon as possible... Haven't located Day 1 yet tho, may have thrown that one out.

Will check on the video poker. They do have it, and a tablemate of mine won pretty big on it - over $2500???

Could you please let me know where the smoking area(s) are on Deck 11?

Thanks,

IC

And it's usually full of beer. It also comes with a bottle opener. :)

So the question still has not been answered. Can it be gotten on ship?? There have got to be beer drinkers here who the package is to much for, and has tried to buy a bag on the ship. Please we(allboys27 & myself) need to here fom you desperatly. We want to buy a bag, and not tie on. :)

So the question still has not been answered. Can it be gotten on ship?? There have got to be beer drinkers here who the package is to much for, and has tried to buy a bag on the ship. Please we(allboys27 & myself) need to here fom you desperatly. We want to buy a bag, and not tie on. :)

Someone may answer your question as to what's been available in the past but that doesn't mean they'll be available when you sail. Please don't be so desperate for an answer. You'll be on a cruise, beer bags or not. Maybe you should take your own insulated bag and have your cabin steward fill it with ice. Enjoy!