All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I was looking at an old review from last year and it showed the suite seats on top of the pool bar? Is that where they are now?

I was on Ex a few years a go and they were on the tiers beside the pool bar?

Sailing in a month and was just curious.

Thanks!!

[quote name='Shar27']I was looking at an old review from last year and it showed the suite seats on top of the pool bar? Is that where they are now?

I was on Ex a few years a go and they were on the tiers beside the pool bar?

Sailing in a month and was just curious.

Thanks!![/quote]
We were on Explorer this past August and I remember the gold card area was one side of the tiered area between decks 11 and 12.

[quote name='beachbuddy']Hi all, we haven't been on the Explorer for a while and the last time we sailed on her they didn't have a "D" lounge, only a "D" event which we hardly went to. Just wondering if they ever put a "D" lounge in. Anyone know???

Thanks,
Patty[/quote]
Not yet, scheduled for early 2015.

[quote name='oceanbreezes']Take the St Johns snorkeling excursion instead of staying in St Thomas. Its amazing and has bathrooms showers and food hut right there.[/quote]
I agree. Beautiful park with underwater snorkeling trail. Another trip we went over to St. John and took a tour on an open bus. Ride to top of mt and saw Kenny Chesney's house down on the seashore. We did both with RC as didn't want to miss ship and it is a long trip to Island.Can't remember how long but rough water.Didn't bother us.

[quote name='krazy_dave']Anyone know if there's an unlimited WiFi plan on EOS?[/quote]
They did not have unlimited WiFi plans this past August, and I haven't heard of any changes to internet plans on Explorer. Edited by clarea

[quote name='ckrobyn']Anyone in a GS or above recently can tell me if the balcony furniture has been upgraded ?

We were in a GS on the August 31 New England cruise and the balcony furniture had not been updated. Just the sofa and chairs in the living area. While I love Explorer, the balcony furniture was in extremely poor condition. -- Joan

[quote name='Dizfan'][quote name='ckrobyn']Anyone in a GS or above recently can tell me if the balcony furniture has been upgraded ?

We were in a GS on the August 31 New England cruise and the balcony furniture had not been updated. Just the sofa and chairs in the living area. While I love Explorer, the balcony furniture was in extremely poor condition. -- Joan[/QUOTE]

Not what I wanted to hear!!!! Oh well, I guess we will have to live with the loungers everyone else has on their balconies!!! ;) no big deal, just wondered if there had been any upgrades to the balcony furniture as the AOS has already been upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

First time going on Explorer in March/April and first time cruising out of Port Liberty. Would appreciate some help with pre-cruise stay, park and shuttle or park at the port advice (we are about 5 hours away and plan to drive up to arrive at a hotel early afternoon to get in before the Friday rush hour). I have read through Trip Advisor and different threads on here and can't seem to get a majority ruling. Can any of you share your suggestions?

Is parking at the hotels safe or parking at the port safer? I am leaning toward staying at one of the airport hotels and just driving to the port to park. Thinking that after the cruise we would be able to hop in our car and be on the road, instead of having to wait on a shuttle to take us back to the hotel and then get on the road.

Thoughts and suggestions from your experiences are appreciated.:)

[quote name='WVUGammy']First time going on Explorer in March/April and first time cruising out of Port Liberty. Would appreciate some help with pre-cruise stay, park and shuttle or park at the port advice (we are about 5 hours away and plan to drive up to arrive at a hotel early afternoon to get in before the Friday rush hour). I have read through Trip Advisor and different threads on here and can't seem to get a majority ruling. Can any of you share your suggestions?

Is parking at the hotels safe or parking at the port safer? I am leaning toward staying at one of the airport hotels and just driving to the port to park. Thinking that after the cruise we would be able to hop in our car and be on the road, instead of having to wait on a shuttle to take us back to the hotel and then get on the road.

Thoughts and suggestions from your experiences are appreciated.:)[/QUOTE]

We are not too far from the port, but we have left the car at the hotel previously and it was okay but we did have to wait for the shuttle and that did add time. Since we usually fly and have to deal with that extra travel time it is such a pleasure to get off the ship, walk across the road and get in your car and drive home

[quote name='WVUGammy']First time going on Explorer in March/April and first time cruising out of Port Liberty. Would appreciate some help with pre-cruise stay, park and shuttle or park at the port advice (we are about 5 hours away and plan to drive up to arrive at a hotel early afternoon to get in before the Friday rush hour). I have read through Trip Advisor and different threads on here and can't seem to get a majority ruling. Can any of you share your suggestions?

Explorer is a great ship. We love it and can't wait until or 3rd cruise next September.

May I suggest you go to the East Coast Departures board. There is a lot of information about hotels and port parking. There are several posters have a lot of good info and experience with NJ port and the area. Sorry, I don't know how to do a link.

You should go over to the east coast boards ([url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415[/url]) where you will find a lot of information about where to stay, where to park, etc.

Steve

Thoughts and suggestions from your experiences are appreciated.:)[/quote]

If you are driving I would recommend parking at the port at $19 a day plus tax. The lot, while uncovered, is fenced in and secure. The best feature is that it is directly across the street from the terminal. When you first pull into the port you bypass the lot and drive to baggage drop off which, despite the tangle of cars, SUVs, busses and vans is a pretty easy drop off. You then proceed out left around the building across the road and you will see two ginormous fingers. One points straight ahead to exit the port, the other left between two buildings to the parking lot where you pay in advance.

On departure if you walk off with your luggage you will be the first off the ship and will breeze through the customs/immigration check. Just go left to the area marked taxis, pass them by and cross over to the lot. Turn right out of the lot and follow the signs to the turnpike. We were on the road by 8:45a (not bad for a scheduled 9 am arrival :D)

Have a great voyage! Edited by Doug R.

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]This was our 15th cruise on the Explorer and i must say that one of the highlights was that the passengers on this cruise were the best. The attitude, friendliness and helpfulness was the best ever. My wife who is in a wheelchair had no problems with the elevator, two times someone got off the elevator so she could get on. They were helpful and kind everywhere we went throughout the ship especially the elevators which is rare on cruise ships.All of this made it one of the best cruises ever.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thank you all for making this a great cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]Dick and Mari[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]I should have also said that they were considerate to everyone not just us. A full ship and only a handful of rude people. Made for a great cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='krazy_dave']I'll be on Explorer in December, I've heard the ice show is a must see. What other shows are good entertainment and what is a "don't bother"? Any recent cruisers know what shows are running? Stand ups any good?[/QUOTE]

There are usually production shows that repeat from sailing to sailing, but acts like headliners and comedians travel from ship to ship and may only be on for a sailing or two.

Steve

[quote name='krazy_dave']I'll be on Explorer in December, I've heard the ice show is a must see. What other shows are good entertainment and what is a "don't bother"? Any recent cruisers know what shows are running? Stand ups any good?[/quote]

The ice show is great don't miss it! The production show choreographed by Louis van Amstel of Dancing With the Stars is the best of the two production shows. Can't comment on the stand ups since they probably vary by cruise. However we had three good ones.

[quote name='krazy_dave']I'll be on Explorer in December, I've heard the ice show is a must see. What other shows are good entertainment and what is a "don't bother"? Any recent cruisers know what shows are running? Stand ups any good?[/quote]
You can send an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] and request a list of the entertainment for your cruise.

[quote name='Dizfan'][quote name='ckrobyn']Anyone in a GS or above recently can tell me if the balcony furniture has been upgraded ?

We were in a GS on the August 31 New England cruise and the balcony furniture had not been updated. Just the sofa and chairs in the living area. While I love Explorer, the balcony furniture was in extremely poor condition. -- Joan[/QUOTE]

After an extensive you tube search, I found a video of the RFS on the Explorer (8694) that shows brand new, navy coloured padded lounges on the balcony. Looks like they have indeed been upgraded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk