All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Just returned from the Explorer and had a great time! Will be posting a picture review as soon as I can. We noticed a complete turn around on this ship for the better from the last few times we sailed her. The attitude and service from the crew was amazing! If you are D or D+, be sure and take advantage of the special breakfast area that they have for you on Deck three port side. I have never had such wonderful service! We got up early every day and looked forward to breakfast![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=max'smom;40406866][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Just returned from the Explorer and had a great time! Will be posting a picture review as soon as I can. We noticed a complete turn around on this ship for the better from the last few times we sailed her. The attitude and service from the crew was amazing! If you are D or D+, be sure and take advantage of the special breakfast area that they have for you on Deck three port side. I have never had such wonderful service! We got up early every day and looked forward to breakfast![/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I agree we were on her to Bermuda Sept 29 and enjoyed the diamond breakfast and D+ event in the card room. Very well taken care of by all on board.

Mike

[QUOTE=max'smom;40406866][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Just returned from the Explorer and had a great time! Will be posting a picture review as soon as I can. We noticed a complete turn around on this ship for the better from the last few times we sailed her. The attitude and service from the crew was amazing! If you are D or D+, be sure and take advantage of the special breakfast area that they have for you on Deck three port side. I have never had such wonderful service! We got up early every day and looked forward to breakfast![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Looking forward to your review!
I leave for NJ 3 weeks from tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 questions:

Access into the water in Solarium? Ladder or stairs?

Our last couple of sailings have been on Enchantment... we LOVED the salad bar in the dining room during lunch (not the half hearted one at Park Cafe), is there something like this on Explorer?

After our sailing we are spending the night out on Long Island (attending a hockey game the following night) - any idea how long it will take us to drive from the port to Sag Harbor? Going to go sight seeing.

[quote name='Candleonwater']I have 3 questions:

Access into the water in Solarium? Ladder or stairs?

Our last couple of sailings have been on Enchantment... we LOVED the salad bar in the dining room during lunch (not the half hearted one at Park Cafe), is there something like this on Explorer?

After our sailing we are spending the night out on Long Island (attending a hockey game the following night) - any idea how long it will take us to drive from the port to Sag Harbor? Going to go sight seeing.[/quote]
Stairs into the Solarium pool.

Tutti salad in the MDR for lunch on Explorer, sea days only.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]OK.....just getting started on my Explorer review. It will take me a few days, so keep checking back. Stop in and say hello!! Here is the link if you are interested:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933936"][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933936[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

[quote name='Candleonwater']

[B][COLOR=Red]...>>>SNIP<<<...[/COLOR][/B]

After our sailing we are spending the night out on Long Island (attending a hockey game the following night) - any idea how long it will take us to drive from the port to Sag Harbor? Going to go sight seeing.[/quote]

Allow 3 hours.

You are going from the port to one of the bridges connecting NJ to SI, then across SI to the bridge connecting SI to LI (Brooklyn) and then East all the way out to Suffolk County.

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=black]we are sailing on explorer next year just a question or I guess I want someones opinion on this we are goin to book a deluxe balcony but we want it at the aft of the ship the rcl rep said they have them on deck 7 and 8 I would think deck 8 would be better but not sure which cabin would be best to stay I know u will have the super structure but would it be best to get one on corner or in the middle? any advice anyone ever stayed in these? thanks it would be me my fiancée and five year old well he would be six by that time[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote=max'smom;40436975][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]OK.....just getting started on my Explorer review. It will take me a few days, so keep checking back. Stop in and say hello!! Here is the link if you are interested:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933936"][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933936"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933936[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/URL][/quote]

Jane...Great review and pictures! You mentioned in one of your posts about your friend Janet needing gluten free food. We are taking family on an Explorer cruise this Thanksgiving and was wondering how she handled finding foods that were gluten free as we have an 8 year old Grandson going with us who was just diagnosed with Celiac disease. Any input would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Nancy

[quote name='At Sea 4Ever']From what I can remember the corner aft cabins have slightly more space than one in the middle. Those cabins are the best on the ship although there is not much privacy on your balcony because they are on a slant and are visible from other decks including the windjammer.[/quote]

thanks so much for the reply I cant decide decisions decisions lol

[quote name='twingles3']Does anyone know how they will be regulating the new drink package? In other words how easy is it to get others in your party drinks?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

Sharing with others is not allowed with the drinks package.

[quote name='Stoudty']Does anyone have a recent cruise compass from the Explorer that can tell me who the piano player is in the Schooner Bar?[/quote]
If you have a cruise coming up, you can request that info by sending an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

[quote name='Stoudty']Does anyone have a recent cruise compass from the Explorer that can tell me who the piano player is in the Schooner Bar?[/QUOTE]

I apparently have saved a cruise compass from August 3rd of this year (thanks to whoever provided that!), it says that Lora is the piano player. Can't say for sure that it hasn't changed since!

Clarea, do you know how close you need to be to your cruise to request entertainment info via email? We're 44 days out, think they'd be able to tell me at this point?

[quote name='avazah']I apparently have saved a cruise compass from August 3rd of this year (thanks to whoever provided that!), it says that Lora is the piano player. Can't say for sure that it hasn't changed since!

Clarea, do you know how close you need to be to your cruise to request entertainment info via email? We're 44 days out, think they'd be able to tell me at this point?[/quote]
I'd wait until about 2 weeks before the cruise. Too far out and their info is less reliable.

[quote name='Stoudty']Does anyone have a recent cruise compass from the Explorer that can tell me who the piano player is in the Schooner Bar?[/quote]

Hi - just got back last Thursday - we ended the cruise with "Piano Bar Entertainment with Lora" - she was very good - had a crowd every night.

[quote name='avazah']I see on an Explorer cruise compass that there's a 'complimentary liquor tasting' on the promenade the first evening. Anyone know what this entails?

Also, approximately how long is the welcome aboard show?[/quote]
Welcome aboard show is between 45 minutes and 1 hour.