Soda Package/Different cruise lines

onthelake

It seems like all the basic soda packages are the same - coke products, sticker on sail card and coke cup included, approx. $5 per day plus 15%. Does anyone have Pepsi? I know you can now upgrade the package on some lines for water, smoothies, juice, etc. but we are just wondering about soda packages - are they as much the same as they seem? We will be going on Cunard, Celebrity and RCL. Thanks.

Carnival gives you cans of soda too (Carnival corp owns HAL though). RCL is the one who gives fountain soda, which some actually prefer to cans. Not watered down to me. I loved the refill machine on Majesty, just go there yourself and refill your cup.

On Princess, (also owned by Carnival) the soda card covers fountain sodas only. You can get canned soda, but it isn't part of the soda card - or at least it wasn't on my last cruise. If you're on a Caribbean cruise that stops at Princess Cays, then there is no fountain sodas available and your only soda choice is canned soda which is a separate charge.

NCL serves Pepsi Products only.

All others serve Coke products.

Most lines give you only sodas from the "gun" in the bar.

These are watered down and nasty.

HAL gives you the cans.

not ALWAYS most of my SODA on NCL came from cans (9 sails-5 soda cards)...i watched them pop em...very few times did i get the "gun" and they were never watery...guess it just depends!

my latest on the Star in February--same thing...cans

not ALWAYS most of my SODA on NCL came from cans (9 sails-5 soda cards)...i watched them pop em...very few times did i get the "gun" and they were never watery...guess it just depends!

my latest on the Star in February--same thing...cans

NCL and others will give you cans when the guns are broken, or do not exist in the bars you visit.

The thing I do not like about the cans on Carnival is that they are almost always HOT! It seems like a ridiculous waste of space, money, and aluminum to bring all those cans on board, and I have never understood why. But if you want it to be cold (doesn't everybody prefer their soda cold?) you have to ask your waiter to put it in an ice bucket before you arrive for dinner, or find one of the very few bars that will keep a few in their tiny fridge. Under the best circumstances I don't like ice in my soda, but putting hot soda on ice makes it instantly watered down AND flat. I find the "goop" form the guns on RCCL just fine, and far prefer it to hot soda. But as long as it's cold, cans or fine.

Archived