HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Please only vote if you honestly feel you're interested in booking this cruise. This isn't a popularity contest to see who likes which itinerary the most.

I have lumped the 10/29 and 11/12 together because it's really a choice between Eastern, Western and Southern.

If you vote for the Eastern itinerary, please post which one is preferable or if one date is not possible for you. If you check the 10/29 or 11/12 Eastern Itinerary and do not post, I will assume either date is okay with you.

Thanks!

Heather

• Administrators

Heather:

Great idea...this would be our very first, official Cruise Critic Member Cruise on board a HAL ship!

Good luck,

Laura

Voted for the Eastern and prefer the 10/29 date. Any of these are good for us.

Thank you Heather for taking so much time in putting this together. It is really a tough job to get it all coordinated and try to please everyone. You are just wonderful to take this on.:)

I realize the 10 day isn't the best for a lot of folks, but works well for us and we love those sea days. That said, and voting for what works for us, a 7 day wouldn't be impossible, just not our preference.

Since the itineraries are changed somewhat, either Eastern or Western hits some places we have seen and some that are new.

OK, I voted anyway. I can always take my mother-in-law! :rolleyes: (Actually, we like each other!)

I think the 29th would probably be better for my schedule. I would really like to meet everyone in person!

Beth

I voted! :D

And of my choice, I'm selecting the 11/12 sailing (big surprise, huh?...hee hee)

If the 10/29 trip is the one, I'm afraid we won't be able to join in on the festivities. :(

Oh, I suppose it's worth mentioning we would only need 1 cabin verandah or better.

Tiffany

If we did agree on the 10/29 cruise, we'd be aboard for Halloween! What fun we could plan!

Hmmmm...

Maybe a CC Halloween/Masquerade Ball would be a good idea!!!

I love organizing parties - especially when I don't have to clean up!!!

Heather -

Put me down for an SS on Navigation Deck...

Hmmmm...

Okay, I'm going to be so sad if I miss this.

Hey, who's not to say that we couldn't do this on any of the other sailings...our very own VIP Masquerade Ball! (excuse my feeble attempt to subconsciously will people to vote for 11/12 ;) )!

Tiffany

Hmmmm...

Hey this sounds great! Can I go as AMY ????? j/k and Rev, your gown and collar isnt a costume :)

I love organizing parties - especially when I don't have to clean up!!!

Are you sure you can pay your bill ????? hehehehe

OOOOH, Brian.

You are making this cruise sound like more and more fun each time you post. I can't wait to meet you!!! I know if we all really do get together on this cruise, it will be a total Blast!!!

So Many Decisions.....what shall DH and I dress up as for the Grand Halloween Ball????

If you vote for the Eastern itinerary, please post which one is preferable or if one date is not possible for you.

I don't have a calendar here, but I am assuming none of these dates in the poll involve a cruise over Thanksgiving. I don't think so because none are far enough into the end of November.

I checked either date for the 7-day Eastern, and tried to check the 7-day Western as well, but the poll would not let me make multiple selections. Any of those three, however, would work for me. The ten-day would not and a cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday would not.

Itinerary is not that important to me in this particular case. Price and number of days are the deciding factors. For this cruise, the ship and sharing the voyage with all of you would be the important thing. I honestly am not that concerned with the specific ports of call. After all, if I don't care for the port, I can always just stay aboard and enjoy the ship. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Ziggy--

Pay??? Who said anything about paying?!?!

;)

Tiff--

Yes, if we do end up with a different sailing, we can always do our own Grand Masquerade Ball - in fact I think we should!!!

S7S--

I'm getting excited about this too! This is going to be lots of fun!

After the dozens of cruises you've done on HAL, are you sure you don't deserve a free upgrade to a PH? ;)

(...so we can have one of our CC parties on the BIG Verandah? :D)

Okay, I voted for the 7 day eastern. Would prefer the 11/12 date and it would be nice to come back to a short work week before Thanksgiving.

Also, it looks like more of us can go on then instead of 10/29 :D

I only need one cabin but some of my cruise friends will probably join in later. It's hard to get them to commit this early.....

Linda

That sure would be fun, Brian. I don't think I'll count on anything like that happening!!! ;)

If someone loves the aft Suites and books one of them, those are VERY large verandas. We really don't like being aft.....always a mid-ship "S".

I'm willing to try and squeeze as many as possible in cabin and verandah for cocktails.

For our Grand Halloween Ball, if there are enough of us, it is possible they may find one of the public rooms on the ship that we can use. I think I've heard of them doing that in the past for groups.

Of course, the "PS" would be pretty wonderful though.

(But,alas, I'm not fully positive we are even going......)

I want everyone to know I am getting really psyched about this. If we can pull this off and we can all go, it is going to be so much fun. And I'm quite positive we'll have more of our CC friends wanting to join in the fun.

Tiff, I'm feeling so badly. Are you SURE you can't go 10/29 if it goes that way? This is going to be really really fun. Don't forget Ziggy can't go 11/12 so someone always loses:(

I am so grateful to all who have offered your help on this undertaking. EKerr's not posting because she's really not feeling well and trying to gather all her energy to get ready for her cruise this weekend. I talked with her today (live on the phone) and she's just as excited as all of us. I'll be picking her and her family up in FLL on 3/30 so I'll get a chance to meet her.

Beth, you're one step ahead of everyone else because you already know DH and me!!!:)

Once we get the date settled, I'll get in touch with LauraS and she'll explain the next step process in terms of cabin category selection, etc. I would expect that first she'll get us our "official" quote which will hopefully give rates for each cabin category and we can go from there. From the way I read the instructions, the Preferred Cruise Agency makes the initial deposit required to hold the allotted cabins. Then we have to make our full deposit no later than five months prior to sailing. After that, any cabins without deposits will be released.

Don't worry about a thing. Once we get going on this, we will go along one step at a time with all the planning. I really didn't think I wanted to take this on, but now that I have I must admit I'm really glad we went ahead with it.

So keep voting and I hope our committee can reach a decision by next week!

Archived