HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Voted for the Westerdam Eastern PREFER 10/29 (DW's b-day week) but the other date would be OK!

We would like cabin 5092 - the cabin we had on our first cruise this past January!

I really hope this works out, it would be awesome to put faces to all the names here on CC.

Thanks again Heather!

We're good for the 11/12 Eastern or 11/05 Western. Can't do the 10/29 one, as inventory is on the 1st and we have to be here for that. OOOOOOOOOHHHHH----- I'm so excited!!! I love it when a great plan comes together.:D

Thanks for all your hard work Heather.:)

Don't forget Ziggy can't go 11/12 :(

Heather, I spoke with my DH and we think its possible now to make the 11/12 sailing, difficult but possible so count us in on that one too :)

And remember if we cant go, we will make it the next time :)

I would love to be there but I would like to see as many go as possible and if that means we stay home, its ok, just think I will have the boards to myself hehehehe that could get me into trouble but hey, there always a new day tomorrow :)

Ziggy, that's good news!

Jersey Girl, here's a range off HAL's website which will give you an idea:

11/3 Southern ~ Volendam: Insides...$1010 Suite ... $2690 Minimum Verandah... $1480

11/5 Western ~ Westerdam: Insides...$816 Suite ... $2681 Minimum Verandah ... $1071

10/29 Eastern ~ Westerdam: Insides $812 Suite $2677 Minimum Verandah ... $1067

11/12 Eastern ~ As of today identical pricing to the 10/29 sailing

Your best bet for now is to go to the HAL site and look at the prices in the category you'd be interested in. Remember that our group price should definitely be lower than what they show.

Hope this helps!

Tiff, I'm feeling so badly. Are you SURE you can't go 10/29 if it goes that way? This is going to be really really fun. Don't forget Ziggy can't go 11/12 so someone always loses:(

Unfortunately, I'm sure :( . As I stated before, I plan fundraising events and one of our biggest ones takes place the first week of November...so there's no way I can leave anytime in October.

I know, the Halloween idea sounds like a blast...and I'll be really sad if I have to miss it...but more importantly, miss meeting all of you in person. That's the worst part.

So, I'm still going to keep my hopes up that 11/12 works out for the majority...:o

Tiffany

Heather, I spoke with my DH and we think its possible now to make the 11/12 sailing, difficult but possible so count us in on that one too :)

And remember if we cant go, we will make it the next time :)

I would love to be there but I would like to see as many go as possible and if that means we stay home, its ok, just think I will have the boards to myself hehehehe that could get me into trouble but hey, there always a new day tomorrow :)

Ziggy, you have such a positive attitude, I commend you! I should be so good...:o

Ziggy, that's good news!

Jersey Girl, here's a range off HAL's website which will give you an idea:

11/3 Southern ~ Volendam: Insides...$1010 Suite ... $2690 Minimum Verandah... $1480

11/5 Western ~ Westerdam: Insides...$816 Suite ... $2681 Minimum Verandah ... $1071

10/29 Eastern ~ Westerdam: Insides $812 Suite $2677 Minimum Verandah ... $1067

11/12 Eastern ~ As of today identical pricing to the 10/29 sailing

Your best bet for now is to go to the HAL site and look at the prices in the category you'd be interested in. Remember that our group price should definitely be lower than what they show.

Hope this helps!

I am only paying $787.00pp for a Balcony,Total (Includes taxes & fees) for each of my B2B trips on the Westerdam 12/05 (group rate):rolleyes:

I am only paying $787.00pp for a Balcony,Total (Includes taxes & fees) for each of my B2B trips on the Westerdam 12/05 (group rate):rolleyes:

We're really not looking for input from people taking other cruises on other dates. The only reason I'm showing these prices is to give people a rate comparison between the cruises. These are the HAL published fares on their website which are, of course, higher.

So far the TA sites are not even quoting this far out. So I'm really begging people not interested in booking our group cruise not to start quoting prices they've received for other cruises on other dates. It really has no bearing on what we're doing here.

When we get the final price quote, we will let everyone know and they will decide whether to cruise with us.

Thanks.

Heather

You are so absolutely correct, Heather IMO

It has been made perfectly clear, repeatedly, that until we know the date(s) being the one(s) we want prices on, until we know how big the group will be, until we know which TA Laura Sterling tells us we will be using.....

The price(s) that anyone is paying for any other cruise is not pertinent. It has no relevancy at all! IMO

You made it perfectly clear that the range of prices you posted were straight from HAL's site. Most of us hope to get better prices than that when we book individually, let alone as a group.

ONCE we know exactly which cruise, which date....THEN I think it VERY pertinent that if someone finds better rates than what the CC sponsored TA is offering to us as a group. I, then, would very MUCH want to hear a single traveler, on their own, got a better rate. We all might have a question at that point about how well that group TA is treating us.

:o Sorry I was just trying to show a Group Rate can be much less:o

I didn't see where you indicated that was a group rate you received. I missed the point if that is what it was but even still, while, of course, you were being helpful, it's possible to see how some might be confused.

Hope you got a great rate and have a terrific cruise.

I didn't see where you indicated that was a group rate you received.

S7S ... look for the words: "group rate" in the following from jtutak's post:

I am only paying $787.00pp for a Balcony,Total (Includes taxes & fees) for each of my B2B trips on the Westerdam 12/05 (group rate) :rolleyes:

It helps to read all the way to the end. :)

I had a horrible dream last night...

I dreamt that we had done all this careful work to set the date for our group cruise...

...and we were bumped off for a Line-dancing-Nudist-Christian-Lesbian Charter cruise!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

...better lay off that Green Beer!

Heather, I plan on being retired by next fall, so would love to go on this Cruise! We probably can do either 10/29 or 11/12, but I prefer the 10/29 sailing. If you remember, we were some of the folks that got bumped from this Oct. 29th Cruise on the Oosterdam, so it would be ironic if we went on her sister ship the same date next year. :p

And the idea of a Masquerade Party would be just so much fun! We could meet everybody and still not know who they are until we unmask at midnight! :D

Just kidding as I know we would be meeting way before the party. Oh I hope this works out! Thank you for this great idea! :)

Rita

I had a horrible dream last night...

I dreamt that we had done all this careful work to set the date for our group cruise...

...and we were bumped off for a Line-dancing-Nudist-Christian-Lesbian Charter cruise!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

...better lay off that Green Beer!

OMG, how funny is that???? Definitely a green beer issue! I can tell that this is going to be a great group cruise already :D

Linda

bepsf:

I just love your sense of humor!

If that happens I guess we can all claim to be Line dancing - Nudist - Christian - Lesbians! Maybe they will get a better pp rate on a full charter!

S7S ... look for the words: "group rate" in the following from jtutak's post:

Quote:

Yes, Rev...... Look in my post where I said I missed it!!! That I had missed her point, Rev!!!

Archived