Fort Lauderdale Hotel Assistance

time2cruisex2

We are driving down from Orlando the night before for our Oasis cruise next month. It is just my daughter and I so we are looking for some place safe, yet inexpensive. We won't arrive until late Friday night since we can't leave until after work. Any suggestions?

It is only a 3+ hour drive - why not stay at home and drive down the morning of your cruise? :confused:

Who says they live in Orlando? They could be visiting there previous to their cruise.

The drive is long enough that I would feel more comfortable being close to the port on the morning of rather than stressing about traffic.

It is only a 3+ hour drive - why not stay at home and drive down the morning of your cruise? :confused:

I agree, John. Although it is nice to get in a day early, the OP will be driving in the dark, and I know I don't like long drives in the dark to a place that I'm not used to. However, after driving for 3 hrs in the morning, they might feel too exhausted to enjoy the first day of the cruise. It is for the OP to decided...and they have decided they would rather stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale, so let's help them to do that.

We live about an hour north of Orlando. So this puts the drive at 4+ hours. Yes, we can make it in the morning of the cruise. The debate is do we exhaust ourselves by driving in the morning of the cruise, or spend the money to stay the night before in the area. If we can find something reasonable / safe to stay the night before, why not start the vacation off on a relaxed note. :)

• 4 months later...
We live about an hour north of Orlando. So this puts the drive at 4+ hours. Yes, we can make it in the morning of the cruise. The debate is do we exhaust ourselves by driving in the morning of the cruise, or spend the money to stay the night before in the area. If we can find something reasonable / safe to stay the night before, why not start the vacation off on a relaxed note. :)

We will be driving in from Mobile, AL. and staying in Ft Lauderdale this January. We are also looking for a cheap but safe place to stay to rest up for our first cruise day. It looks like most hotels cater to those flying in and charge more per night because they offer free shuttles. I will be watching this thread, hoping to get some good ideas.

We will be driving in from Mobile, AL. and staying in Ft Lauderdale this January. We are also looking for a cheap but safe place to stay to rest up for our first cruise day. It looks like most hotels cater to those flying in and charge more per night because they offer free shuttles. I will be watching this thread, hoping to get some good ideas.

there are 2 websites (probally more) that show hotels with cruise packages. something like parksleepfly and i i used stay123 2 times. we are booked at hampton inn on stirling in dec. 1 nite lodging, breakfast, parking, and transport to and from port. cost about $120. that is cheaper or as cheap as parking at the pier. we always book a package.

there are 2 websites (probally more) that show hotels with cruise packages. something like parksleepfly and i i used stay123 2 times. we are booked at hampton inn on stirling in dec. 1 nite lodging, breakfast, parking, and transport to and from port. cost about $120. that is cheaper or as cheap as parking at the pier. we always book a package.

We were able to book at the Days Inn Airport South, it was just as cheap on Days Inn site than any other. Found a room for $130 with free breakfast, parking, and shuttle to port.

Hi,:) I have friends who stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation and they

were quite pleased. Free parking with a shuttle to the pier and most

recently I have also read about the Fairfield Inn (check very current

threads on this forum) and the folks who stayed there gave it very

high marks too:)

I spoke to my sister earlier, she stays in Ft Lauderdale on business very often, she recommended the Hampton in Deerfield. She has traveled to many places and said this was her favorite hotel of them all. I might be switching my booking to it rather than the Days Inn.

I spoke to my sister earlier, she stays in Ft Lauderdale on business very often, she recommended the Hampton in Deerfield. She has traveled to many places and said this was her favorite hotel of them all. I might be switching my booking to it rather than the Days Inn.

Hi, Deerfield? That is quite a bit north of FLL.:eek: Plantation is west

but closer in distance. How are you getting to the ship from Deerfield?

we are staying at the comfort inn at 1800 Federal Highway, although the recent reviews are mediocre they offer free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. We have stayed there twice before and were pleased with the location. It is one night and the prices were fair.

Hi, Deerfield? That is quite a bit north of FLL.:eek: Plantation is west

but closer in distance. How are you getting to the ship from Deerfield?

I had to go back and look at a map, sorry about that, Deerfield is 17 miles away I believe. My sister stay there because she gets the rooms at company discount for $70 a night the she parks at the port. I had forgotten about the taxi ride, if you plan on leaving the car at a hotel. It sounds like both Hamptons come with very good reviews, anyway. We were looking for a cheaper room so went with the Days Inn. I will be sure to review it soon as we get back.

I've sometimes found a hotel with a reasonably priced package using http://www.parksleepfly.com

If I don't find a package I like, I start calling the hotels and telling them how many nights I need to park and get a quote until I find the right price at a hotel with a shuttle to the cruise port.

I agree with your decision to drive down the day/night before. Much more relaxing and you never know what traffic will be like on departure morning.

• 3 months later...

Just in case any one is searching for a nice place to stay in Lauderdale and leave a car. We stayed at the Days Inn Airport South, it was very nice. We had free parking in a secure parking lot for the entire cruise. They had a free shuttle to the port, but a taxi back only cost $20. I will stay there again if I am leaving out of the same port.

Hi Lois,

I agree with you about the Fairfield Inn. When we stayed there for one night on Dec 9 /10, the price was right ( $69 + tax from LMT ), the hotel was nice and small, free schuttle from the airport. free breakfast and the best part for the people that left their cars there for the duration of the cruise - free parking for up to 21 days.

Archived