Canadian Thanksgiving Zaandam

We are on the Zaandam for its repositioning cruise, Sept. 25-Oct. 12, Vancouver/Hawaii/San Diego.

Oct. 10 is Canadian Thanksgiving Day as well as USA Columbus Day. Any chance of both of these, one of these, or neither of these great days being recognized aboard the Zaandam ?

We are on the Zaandam for its repositioning cruise, Sept. 25-Oct. 12, Vancouver/Hawaii/San Diego.

Oct. 10 is Canadian Thanksgiving Day as well as USA Columbus Day. Any chance of both of these, one of these, or neither of these great days being recognized aboard the Zaandam ?

The last time I remember being on a ship during Canadian Thankgiving was in 2007. IIRC they did recognize it.

when we were on for Thanksgiving , there was a beautiful cake as you entered the MDR wiht all the usual thanksgiving decorations.

the maitre d' came around to all the Canadians and there was a special desert.

there was also a special event on the Lido later in the evening.

It was a nice evening and the ship at my best guess was only about 20% Canadians (just using my roll call to calculate).

Must depend on ship to ship and cruise to cruise, but it was very nice and very appreciated

We did this cruise in 2009 and absolutely Canadian Thanksgiving was recognized. We were offered turkey dinner in the dining room, pumpkin pie, the whole darn thing. Thing is, it was our 44th wedding anniversary and we celebrated it in the Pinnacle!:D

We were on board the Volendam Vancouver to Auckland last year.

Canada Thanksgiving was celebrated on October 11th( had crossed the International date line the day before).

Inside the doors of the Upper Rotterdam Dining room was specially decorated to honour Canadian Thanksgiving.

Turkey Roast Dinner, with sweet potato, broccoli, carrots and turnip was one of the available dishes featured on the Menu.

Thanks for your replies.

I had looked up some of the previous threads re this topic, so it's good to see that we might be in luck this coming October.

HAL made a great roast turkey aboard the Maasdam last month, both in the Lido and in the Rotterdam Dining Room, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more of the same aboard the Zaandam.

Archived