How Many Nights Would You Eat in the Steakhouse on a 7 Night Cruise?

I usually average just one night in the steakhouse on a 7 day cruise......considering I've paid for my meals already......at an extra $60 per dinner for two, I don't see the value in it for me. If the cost wasn't a factor, or if they had that menu in the MDR, I wouldn't get bored with it at all.

Personally I would only eat there once - like the ambience and the food of course - but I also enjoy socializing with tablemates, wait staff and the variety of some of the dining room menus!

We're planning to eat at Harry's several times on Liberty in Dec. How many times could you eat there, without getting bored with the menu? This is our first Carnival cruise, so we don't have any experience eating there.

We think that the Carnival Steak Houses are fantastic and worth the extra money. We ate twice on a 7 day cruise. Not sure I would eat there more than twice. Its a steak house plus the MDR serves other dishes we love.

We're planning to eat at Harry's several times on Liberty in Dec. How many times could you eat there, without getting bored with the menu? This is our first Carnival cruise, so we don't have any experience eating there.

For me, just one.

I ate at Harrys on my first Carnival cruise last April and while it was nice, it was only worth trying once. Food was decent but not all that great. Others loved it though.

Try it out.

You will like the ship, and the staff are very friendly. I have a review around here of my recent first Carnival cruise and it was on the Liberty. Other than all the food being mediocre IMHO, I want to sail Liberty again. Its not too gaudy and not to posh.

There usually is a night where we don't like anything on the menu. Outside of ordering he anytime stuff, we prefer to do the supper club that night. For us, it is carribean night. You might try to ask what the menus are like to pick a night where you'd rather be in the steak house.

For us, formal nights are out as we like lobser and prime rib. The first night also usually is pretty good, especially if they still have those large fried shirmp on the skewers.

Just off the Valor yesterday morning... we ate in the steakhouse every night.

We have done this on the Dream and Miracle as well - though on both of those ships we skipped it one night in favor of the Chef's Table.

We like the thought of having the same table at whatever time each evening we prefer. We like the thought of no antics (dancing waiters) in the steakhouse. We enjoy the upgrade of food quality and overall ambiance it affords us.

Yes, there is an additional cost involved, and we factor that in with the whole cost of the cruise.

Tom

Thanks for all the input. :) I guess I should have said, "How many nights could you eat in the Steakhouse, without getting bored with the menu?" ;) We've had some great table mates. Unfortunately, we've also had table mates that made us dread going to the dining room for dinner. We now prefer our own table, which we've requested for this cruise. If we don't get a table for 3, we may choose to eat in Harry's every night. I'm budgeting to eat there every night, but we'll most likely eat in the MDR on formal nights, if we get a table for 3. Who knows? We may choose to eat in the MDR more nights. Naturally, we'll pay the full gratuity, regardless of how many nights we eat at Harry's. Food is a very important part of our vacations, & we want to have the best available. What I'm really wondering is whether or not we could eat in Harry's 5 nights & not get bored with the menu.

For me, just one.

I ate at Harrys on my first Carnival cruise last April and while it was nice, it was only worth trying once. Food was decent but not all that great. Others loved it though.

Try it out.

You will like the ship, and the staff are very friendly. I have a review around here of my recent first Carnival cruise and it was on the Liberty. Other than all the food being mediocre IMHO, I want to sail Liberty again. Its not too gaudy and not to posh.

Thanks, I'll look for your review.

Last two 7 day cruises, we ate in the steakhouse 3x each cruise. Someday I'll probably go 7 for 7 in the steakhouse.

That's good to hear. I was wondering, if anyone could eat there every night & not get bored with it.

I would try to get hold of the menus on your cruise and choose the nights that you not care for the menu for dinner.

I also would check out the steakhouse menu and see if there are different things you like to try so that if you go there more than once you can eat something different.

I haven't lately been on a carnival cruise that offered specialty restaurant last one was Fascination and I tell you I wish they had one I would of eaten there 5 nights! But on other cruise lines I love the specialty restaurants and if they have two specialty restaurants would at least eat twice once each just to try them, but now that I know what they are like, I would actually go twice to each!

Just off the Valor yesterday morning... we ate in the steakhouse every night.

We have done this on the Dream and Miracle as well - though on both of those ships we skipped it one night in favor of the Chef's Table.

We like the thought of having the same table at whatever time each evening we prefer. We like the thought of no antics (dancing waiters) in the steakhouse. We enjoy the upgrade of food quality and overall ambiance it affords us.

Yes, there is an additional cost involved, and we factor that in with the whole cost of the cruise.

Tom

You sound like us. The dancing waiters don't really appeal to us either. We're considering the Chef's Table, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for our 19 yr. old DS. It seems the wine adds a lot to the value.

I would try to get hold of the menus on your cruise and choose the nights that you not care for the menu for dinner.

I also would check out the steakhouse menu and see if there are different things you like to try so that if you go there more than once you can eat something different.

I haven't lately been on a carnival cruise that offered specialty restaurant last one was Fascination and I tell you I wish they had one I would of eaten there 5 nights! But on other cruise lines I love the specialty restaurants and if they have two specialty restaurants would at least eat twice once each just to try them, but now that I know what they are like, I would actually go twice to each!

Good advice. :) We're sailing on NCL Star for 14 nights in Oct. 2012, & are very much looking forward to their specialty restaurants. I've sailed on that ship before, with my sisters. I already know we'll be eating in one of the specialty restaurants every night. ;)

The only reason why I can't believe that people eat in the steakhouse more than once in a seven-day period is because of the richness of the food -- then again, maybe you have better LDL levels than I do. ;)

You sound like us. The dancing waiters don't really appeal to us either. We're considering the Chef's Table, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for our 19 yr. old DS. It seems the wine adds a lot to the value.

We took our son and 3 of his friends on a short "end of year" cruise on the Sensation (3/31/11). They were all 18 at the time and we decided to treat them to the Chef's Table. With the exception of some overly nosy table mates, the experience itself was enjoyed by all. They were offered unlimited soft drinks in place of the champagne/wine. I say give it a try!!!

Tom

0 = NONE ! :rolleyes:

Not going to pay for a service that use to come free in the MD :rolleyes:

Our first cruise was in 1985. We have eaten at the steakhouses several since they were introduced. We never had service or food like that in any MDR.

Keith

Archived