Odd Booking/Docs Question

cooncat_mom

Well, we are booked and set - all the info has been filled out & the eDocs printed. I went back into My NCL to double check some of the info, and for some reason my address had changed from my address to my son's (who's with us, but under a different booking.) Huh. So I corrected everything, and found that the site would only use my cell # as a secondary number - my husband who is booked with me, can't have his own cell as his secondary. So I gave up and printed it again. Then went to DS and DD - booked together - and found that it would only input the same address for both of them! If I put his address down, it automatically listed it as hers too! The only thing I can think of is that since they have the same last name the site automatically assumed they're married! Anyone else every have this problem? Again, I just gave up and printed the docs. Figured as long as the passport info is OK, everything else is all good.

Had the same problem many times. The bookings are linked and one address will always appear until they are unlinked. I changed my address and it changed my sons. He changed it back and mine changed. TA or NCL can have the bookings unlinked and the not a problem will go away.

Interesting! Never had that problem on other lines...Since we sail Friday & passport info is correct, am going to assume it's OK to leave it since 3 of us share an address anyhow...and they're better off calling my cell since DH has a smartphone and still can't figure out how to answer it! :rolleyes: Thanks for the info!

Interesting! Never had that problem on other lines...Since we sail Friday & passport info is correct, am going to assume it's OK to leave it since 3 of us share an address anyhow...and they're better off calling my cell since DH has a smartphone and still can't figure out how to answer it! :rolleyes: Thanks for the info!

You will be fine. Frustrating but it will not effect your cruise.

I've run into the problems where I can't change info if I booked through a TA like my phone number. I would change it on my NCL and it would look like it changed but when you went in again, it had the old info. Had to contact TA to make the change - but I'm guessing all they do is call NCL.

We still get mail from NCL in our sons name and our other daughter-in-law(other sons wife)) We booked a cruise for the whole family in 2008 on the Star and paid for everyone--9 people in 4 cabins. They still can't get it straight even after a few calls, so we have just left it as long as OUR names and lat. #'s match up with our address we're good to go!!;)

My mother and my sister are together in a cabin, and they've had the same problem. There is a check box in the online check in area that you are supposed to check when the two people have the same address, but it doesn't appear to work properly when you DON'T check it. It is always forcing the two addresses to be the same, regardless of whether that box is checked or not. Change one person's address, and it changes the others, no matter what.

I think some NCL programmers were asleep at the wheel...

My husband and I had a similar problem a couple of cruises ago with NCL. It was a simple switch at check in. It was a problem with my son and my husbands information. I would say don't worry about it, change it when you get to the port and have a great cruise!

Archived